Matthew McConaughey: Super U Podcast
Alright, alright, alright! Our new episode of the Super U Podcast is live! The Super U Podcast delivers curated tips from top performers and thought leaders to help unlock and unleash your inner superpower. This week’s episode features tips from Academy Award winner and fellow Austinite, Matthew McConaughey. McConaughey has starred in over 49 movies and has dominated the production world. From Dazed and Confused to How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, McConaughey has left his mark on the film industry. Today, he shares his 7 most useful tips that have aided in the success of his career.
Click here to subscribe to the Super U Podcast. Need a sneak peek? Below are the main takeaways from the Matthew McConaughey: Super U Podcast.
Matthew McConaughey’s 7 Super Tips
- Define Success for Yourself. “Get rich quick.” Sound familiar? In today’s society, money is success. The more we have, the more successful we are. But we must ask ourselves, what does success mean to me? Is it more money, a happy marriage, or to be famous? Your answer may change over time, but no matter what it is, don’t do anything that will jeopardize your integrity. Prioritize who you want to be and protect your character.
- Create Your Own Weather So You Can Blow in the Wind. Make confident decisions and invest in them. Choose your direction and put in the work to get there. It is important to remember to focus on what you can control and try not to get caught up in the things you can’t control.
- Find Something You Have an Innate Ability to Do. We don’t always get to do the things we love, but can we learn to love what we do. If you only work at something for the result, it is not going to be an enjoyable journey. Learn to enjoy the process, and the results will most likely improve, too.
- Enjoy the Experience. You must have a passion for the things you do. If you don’t love your work, you aren’t going to put in the work to create the best results.
- Choose Joy over Happiness. If happiness is what you are after, you are going to be let down frequently. Happiness demands a certain outcome, but joy is a constant. Joy is the feeling we have when we are doing what we are fashioned to do, no matter the outcome. Find joy in your work by avoiding making work a means to an end.
- Do Your Studying. Failing to plan is planning to fail. If you don’t plan ahead and set goals for yourself, you are going to end up performing an impromptu monologue in a different language. Be diligent in your work, so you can relax later in the day.
- Don’t Trip Yourself When You are Going Downhill. Don’t look for fuzziness when your perception is clear. When you have clarity, go for your goals and don’t let anything hold you back.
Take a look at behind-the-scenes footage on our <<Equalman YouTube Channel>>
To ensure you don’t miss future episodes, subscribe to our podcast by clicking here >> Super U Podcast. We hope these tips help unlock and unleash your inner superpower!
The Super U podcast is hosted by #1 bestselling author and motivational speaker Erik Qualman.
Decent Ape | Matthew McConaughey University of Houston Speech
Associated Press | McConaughey’s ‘realistic’ career advice
Film Society of Lincoln Center | Matthew McConaughey On Why He Makes Films
Film Society of Lincoln Center | Matthew McConaughey On Starting Out