Top 30 Creative Marketing Ideas to Boost Your Business
Henry Ford rightly said, “Stopping advertising to save money is like stopping your watch to save time.”
Advertising and marketing are an inevitable part of the business. An effective marketing strategy can make a business reach new heights, while a redundant and ineffective one can break it.
However, with the changing world, it is essential to be dynamic. Developing and adopting new marketing strategies is crucial for every business. Following are some highly creative yet feasible marketing ideas to boost your business:
A. Social media marketing ideas
1. Promote your social media handles– Social media is a very prominent aspect of marketing. However, not everyone can get the desired number of followers. To increase your social media presence, you must leave no opportunity to promote the handles.
2. Be consistent– Social media popularity requires active engagement. However, people are often inactive on social media. If you want to build a huge social media community, show diligence while working on it, post regularly, at the right times, and follow the trends.
3. Produce short videos– Short videos are an excellent medium for storytelling. They convey relevant and meaningful information without demanding too much of the consumer’s time.
4. Pin those graphics– Instagram and Pinterest have successfully reflected the significance of image sharing. You must actively post your templates and graphics while linking them to the official website to increase your media traffic.
5. Keep a check on competitors– You must know all about your competitors and check on all their moves. From Facebook to Twitter, follow what they post and share. Try to determine what kind of content is driving more traffic on their social media pages.
B. Marketing opportunities to explore in urban living
6. Explore the surroundings– Move around in your surroundings- go to schools, colleges, cafes, and libraries with posters or flyers. This strategy is highly effective, especially for local marketing.
7. Look around and utilize– Marketing opportunities are endless. However, people focus only on the bigger picture, leaving the rest. So, look around your surroundings, focus on the details, and you will find some great marketing ideas.
8. Conquer the structures– Murals can contribute significantly to an effective marketing strategy. However, it is not always easy to find the right platforms for doing so. You can get permission to decorate any prominent local building and bring in some creative murals.
9. Gather sponsorships– Sponsorship opportunities are available everywhere. You need to look around and determine how you can capitalize on them and exploit them to the fullest.
C. Content Marketing Ideas
10. Write about your audience– Content is and will always be the king. It is essential to focus on the target audience and write as per their viewpoints and preferences.
11. Do not ignore the visuals– People often miss out on incorporating some visuals with text-based content. It makes the content boring. Therefore, you should use some visuals to engage the viewers and develop a creative image of your brand.
12. Add infographics– Along with the visual content, adding some clever and creative infographics always helps. For this, you do not need any top-notch software; even a simple PowerPoint presentation would do. You must ensure that the infographics add some uniqueness to the brand.
13. Use templates– Another powerful visual asset is templates, which can be beneficial in creating an exemplary user interface. It adds flexibility to the content and makes it easy to create something without starting from scratch.
14. Graphs and charts– These are usually associated with statistics. But people do not often use these effectively. They may not be as popular as infographics but can help in the easy representation of the content. Rather than using a large pile of words, graphs and charts make the job easier.
15. Talk to the experts– Opinions of the experts always attract more viewers. But, most people do not associate them with marketing. Interviewing any field expert is an excellent idea as the audience is always interested in knowing what the experts agree or disagree with.
16. Compare products– Consumers are free to choose from a large variety of products. However, it is often very confusing for them. Try making it easy. Especially if you are dealing with a range of similar products, carry out a comparison.
17. Prepare lists– There are several questions the readers might want you to answer. However, though informative, they do not want it to be time-consuming. Lists are a great way of representing some informative content, say ‘top 10 benefits of a product ABC’. Make sure it is short and crisp.
18. Create your magazine– Personal brand magazines are a great way of promotion. It helps in promoting more personalized and focused content among the readers.
19. Podcasts– Podcasts are effective because of their accessibility. One can download it and listen to it anytime. However, it remains an unconventional marketing platform. Brands can create podcasts on hot topics from the industry or host a conversation with the experts.
20. Bring back PowerPoint– SlideShare is an old-school marketing tool that people have neglected in the past few years. Bring back the PowerPoint SlideShare and generate some customer-friendly content.
21. Host webinars– Over the past few years, webinars have become a new business thing. Still, many do not know how to use it the right way. Collaborate with your partners or any recognized personality and organize an exciting webinar.
22. Promote your content– If you think that only the products need to be promoted, you’re mistaken. You must promote the content, too. Use a promotional email or social media handles to do so.
23. Post about the trending topics– Active participation in routine industry buzz makes your presence known. However, many people are unaware of its importance. Apart from the brand-related content, you can post about trending topics.
24. Controversy– Controversial content gathers more attention. However, creating one is not a safe choice. You can talk about any ongoing industrial controversy and make your interpretations on it.
25. Post about the events– Social media is an excellent platform for showcasing the company’s affairs. However, many brands fail to utilize it to the fullest. One way is to post actively about all your business events or conferences. Write about these and express your takeaway from them. It ensures consistent participation and presence.
26. Gather feedback– Customer satisfaction is an important goal of marketing. However, customer feedback on the brand’s content is often neglected. Ask questions, try to understand what they like. Analyze, observe and make necessary changes.
27. Be mobile-friendly– The ever-increasing smartphone usage is not unknown. Still, many brands have not yet established their mobile presence. The majority of users engage in online shopping through their mobiles. Therefore, designing a mobile-friendly interface is an absolute necessity.
28. Link the content– Unique and creative content always brings prosperity. However, brands unknowingly limit their accessibility. Make sure to link the best of your blogs with other posts as well. Maybe in the middle or the end, add the links. It will engage the reader more towards your business.
29. Reveal your personality– Establishing your connection with the target market is necessary. You should try and reveal the entire personality of the brand with the help of some fun and creative content.
30. Develop a website– In today’s world, your business needs to have a strong online presence. You can achieve this by developing a website which will help you to attract more clients. If you are a digital marketing agency owner, you can use the following tools to develop your own website:
Like all other aspects of commerce, marketing has to be high-powered and modernized. Every brand has to adapt to the changes to survive in the market. Following the above-mentioned tips can be a good start for leveling up your marketing game. These strategies are highly effective in the long run and can attract a greater audience group. They suggest that while focusing on the broader objectives, marketing is feasible even in the mere surroundings. All you need is imagination and expressiveness- these are the essence of marketing and should be adhered to.