Linkedin: Social Media Revolution 2017
Here’s a recap of what the video shares with us:
- We don’t have a choice on whether we do social media, the choice is how well we do it. (Source: Erik Qualman)
- Over 50% of the world population is under 30 years old. (Source: UNESCO)
- Today’s college students have never licked a postage stamp. (Source: NBC News)
- World population:
- 53% of millennials would rather lose their sense of smell than their technology. (Source: The Motley Fool)
- The return on investment (ROI) of social media is your business will still exist in 5 years. (Source: Erik Qualman)
- 93% of buying decisions are influenced by social media. (Source: Nielsen)
- By 2018 video will account for over 2/3 of mobile usage. (Source: Cisco)
- Shrinking attentions spans.
- Goldfish have an 8-second attention span.
- Humans have a 7-second attention span. (Source: Statistic Brain)
- More people own a mobile device than a toothbrush. (Source: 60 Second Marketer)
- 1 in 3 marriages starts online. (Source: NY Daily News)
- The fastest growing demographic on twitter is grandparents. (Source: Global Web Index)
- Every second 2 people join LinkedIn. (Source: LinkedIn)
For more tips like this from Erik, check out his new book How to Sell on LinkedIn.