15 Facts About Vine Every Brand Should Know
By 2017 2/3 of all mobile content will be video. While I’m not certain Vine will still be popular in 2017, short-form videos are here to stay. That’s why it’s important for Brands to understand Vine so they can take advantage of it today and plan new short-form videos in the coming years.
- A branded Vine is 4x more likely to be seen than a branded video
- Twitter bought Vine in 2012 and re-launched it in January 2013 as a free iOS app. Vine lets users share six-second looping videos in an Instagram-like feed. Those Vines can be re-vined by other users, commented on, or liked
- Every second, five Vines are tweeted.
- Some of the top performing brands on Vine are: Taco Bell, Dunkin’ Donuts, GE, McDonald’s, Oreo, Lowes, Airbnb, Xbox
- Note it is vine.co, not vine.com. Amazon owns vine.com and asked $500,000 for the rights. The .co is for the country of Colombia.
- The name Vine is short for Vignette. This is defined as “a short impressionistic scene”.
- If you turn the Vine logo upside, you will notice a 6, which is the number of seconds a video can be on Vine.
- In April 2013, Vine was the most downloaded app from the Apple App Store in the United States. In August 2013 they reached the 40 million user mark.
- Weekends are the best time to share Vine videos – which is very interesting and unusual as brands often have difficulty reaching people on the weekends.
- Vine traffic is highest between 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM.
- Use Hashtags to increase effectiveness. For example, #GotMilk #DunkinDonuts. 5 Most Popular are #loop, #selfie, #remake, #cute, and #magic.
- Top five industry leaders on Vine: fashion, sports, automotive, technology, and print.
- The five most popular countries using Vine are the United States (38.2 percent), Mexico (8.1 percent), the United Kingdom (5.7 percent), Turkey (4.6 percent), and Japan (3.2 percent).
- In 2013, active teen users grew 639 percent
- In June Vine introduced Loop Counts which allows users to see how often their Vine is being played in real-time
You might also enjoy reading 9 Facts About Snapchat Every Brand Should Know
+ Majority of the above pulled from this great post by Albert Costill at SEJ
+ Great Vine Video Infographic