Empower Your Sales Team with Real-Time Data
A successful sales team can adjust its strategies depending on what’s working and what isn’t. It can often be hard to see the big picture, though, especially if you don’t have the right technology to help you track the data. How can you accurately follow trends and manage the overall performance of your team if it takes time to get accurate reports?
That’s why sales tracking software is so important – asking sales reps to manually report and punch in the data themselves is a waste of their time and also highly inefficient. They have sales quotas to hit, and that’s not going to happen while trying to log every call and keep track of contact details.
Consequently, information may end up being inaccurate or incomplete. You’re also losing out on sales as your reps struggle to manage the various tasks they have, and lastly, you’re waiting too long to get the data you need to make revenue-generating decisions.
Useful Tracking Tools
With the right sales solution, you can expect tools like:
- Call-Activity Dashboard – real-time call data gets presented to you on a clean dashboard that’s easy to use and navigate
- Real-Time Reporting – analyze lead campaigns and sales rep performance with custom variables
- Data Querying – easily filter and segment data using a number of fields to create targeted sales and marketing campaigns
- Lead Scoring – create your own lead scoring system by selecting key data points for a more predictable sales funnel
- Corporate View – manage multiple contacts within a single organization all within a single view
- Custom Fields – customize fields for reporting and data segmentation, and then merge them into scripts for easy data collection
Using these tools, you can gain sales insights and respond accordingly and often even proactively, avoiding a negative outcome before it even happens.
For example, being able to monitor individual sales activity for each team member can help you identify who needs additional training and leadership. With this knowledge, you can empower your team and make sure that everyone is on the same page in terms of performance.
Better visibility means greater control: with call activity metrics, you can easily identify trends and make adjustments to your sales process. This could mean finding out that prospects respond better to follow up via emails rather than calls, or you can even use the data to make changes to your sales scripts.
With the data in your hands, you can work with marketing to measure lead channels and improve outbound marketing efforts. Make sure you’re on the same page by quickly providing them with real-time reports that can easily be generated with your sales tracking software.
The reality is that sales teams that fail to utilize real-time data will simply fall behind the competition. They won’t be able to respond fast enough to emerging trends, follow up in time with leads, and coordinate their efforts properly with marketing.
Basically, they’re flying blind – so if you want to get on the same page with the pros, it’s time to get a software upgrade.
This article has been published in accordance with Socialnomics’s disclosure policy.