What is a key component of each company’s successful marketing policy? Undoubtedly, it is a responsive and exciting website with a highly efficient landing page that converts. Getting traffic to the website is not always winning as it is very important to pay attention to conversion rate too. The half of each website success is its landing page and it should meet all the requirements to be highly converting. By making it so you can decrease expenses on acquiring new clients and increase profits and website ranking.
What is landing page?
A landing page is any page that is opened to a potential customer after clicking the call-to-action link. The main goal of each dedicated landing page within the marketing campaign is to attract as many customers as possible for them to make a purchase. It can either “warm up” a person to make him move further around the website or serve as an attraction to take leading positions among the competitors.
Landing pages are divided into two basic types:
- Lead generation ones: it usually offers potential customers an e-mail address and by communication through it, a person can be converted into a customer.
- Click-through page: this page serves as a transmission from the marketing action to the final destination. Used mainly in e-commerce these pages provide all the necessary information about the product and the way to obtain it, and there is always a call-to-action button to complete the process.
Use of landing pages: what for?
In general, a landing page can be used for a variety of purposes, but there are some common goals they are developed for:
- The personal information asked by general leads is collected in exchange for reports, ebooks, newsletters, podcasts, blog subscription, registration for different events, consulting services etc;
- Click-through pages are created to:
- Encourage to buy a product or service.
- Become a subscriber or customer of the website.
- Any of the cases mentioned in the description of gen leads.
Importance of the message match
It happens that customers who have clicked the marketing link leave the landing page in a couple of seconds because of an excellent message match contained there.
The ability to reinforce the statement written in the marketing link is called a message match. If it is composed logically and essentially, the probability of catching a customer is rather high. For this purpose, a landing page should contain an eye-catching headline and a clearly formulated purpose to be noticed at first glance at the page.
Tips to consider creating a converting landing page
How can one develop a highly effective landing page? There are several tips to follow for a landing page to be highly converting:
- A good landing page must contain both product’s benefits and key features.
- Focus on those characteristics of the product that are required by the customer. To know exactly what they are one can conduct a survey or analyze the competitors’ success.
- Create a messaging guideline answering the basic questions “Why?”, “What?”, “Who?”, “How?” etc.
- The page should be optimized to be found by search engines quickly and be ranked higher.
- Illustrate the customer how he or she will benefit from your product. It was estimated that you have in average only 8 seconds for this process, so accompany words with interesting illustrations to appeal to the visitors.
- Show video instead of writing long stories. Visual marketing tools are much more efficient than long paragraphs. Text must be also well-organized with lists and catchy headlines to attract attention at first sight.
- Make it easier to find clues even in the long landing pages. But remember, only engaging content will force customers to scroll the page to the end.
- Supply each section of the landing page with overviews for customers to be able to click on the reference and learn the details of the offered information.
- Establish your company’s credibility with customers’ feedbacks and reviews.
- The answer to the question “How Much Does It Cost” should be clear and easy to find.
- Make signing up procedure quick and simple. That can be performed through multiple call-to-actions.
- Measure converting rates regularly, make some changes to see if there is some growth as there are no limits of perfection.
Features of effective landing pages
It is always difficult to say what is perfect as people’s tastes differ. The analysis of numerous landing pages and their conversion rates reveals that a comparatively efficient landing page should have the following features:
- It should satisfy customers’ intent;
- A great offer should be contained there: something really irresistible and desirable like free gifts, trials, measurements etc;
- Clear and professional appearance is required (readable texts, large and high-quality images and videos etc. );
- An easy-to-complete form to fill out will not distract potential customers;
- The increase in rates can be only due to regular testing of the previous versions and efficient changes.
The average conversion rate of ordinary landing pages is about 5%. Only each 20th customer signs in or buys a product after visiting the page. Unfortunately, these figures are quite approximate as some landing pages unable even to attract customers let alone make them act. From the other side, there are websites where the converting rate is over 10% and looking at them it is obvious that most of the tips mentioned above have been taken into consideration and implemented there. So, if you are creating a landing or try to improve its converting rate, analyze if all the features of a successful page are there. If not, it is time to follow our tips and you will see the results rather soon.