How Your Cell Phone Can Be Your Business’ Greatest Ally
Cell phones have become essential in many areas of people’s lives. Today, people often carry them wherever they go, especially with the use of smartphones.
Businesses have also realized the usefulness of this tool and have found ways on how cell phones can be a business’ greatest ally. Whether it’s for communication or receiving and sending calls, using a cell phone is indeed convenient. For entrepreneurs like you, there are several ways in which you can use it for your company’s benefit.
Below are some of the productive ways to use your cell phone in your business:
1. Help With SMS Marketing
Typically, the concept of SMS Marketing has significantly evolved since it first came into use in the early ’90s and is now a widely accepted and effective marketing practice. Companies have increasingly adopted this strategy to get their names remembered by their prospective clients and boost their sales figures. This is where the use of cell phones becomes a crucial part of doing this strategy.
So, if you’re into SMS marketing, the following are the reasons why it can help your business:
- Enhanced Sales: A cell phone can help enhance and improve sales. It’s now possible to increase the scope and reach of your marketing efforts by using the newest technology in marketing, meaning the smartphone. You can use text message marketing as an advertising method, especially for small businesses that lack the budget to advertise through traditional bigger avenues. However, many people think this type of marketing doesn’t yield results. This isn’t true. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. The key is to use text message marketing to promote your business, service, or product in the most effective way possible.
- Lead generation: You’ll also find that you can generate leads in this manner much easier. These texts are mainly meant to convey essential updates, time-sensitive promotions, and notifications to those who have willingly agreed to receive messages from your company.
- Real-time communication with prospects and existing clients: Another reason why SMS marketing campaigns can be an excellent way to advertise is its real-time feature. It allows you to communicate with potential and existing clients/customers, even in real-time. It also gives you the ability to react to their needs immediately. Generally, most businesses can do this by sending out text alerts when their products or services are low on supplies or updating their client database with new information.
On the other hand, if you want to make your SMS marketing campaign more useful, you can also follow these strategies:
- Use SMS Marketing Software: When using your cell phone, you don’t have to send messages one by one to your target audience. Thanks to text marketing platform, you can send bulk marketing messages to your contact lists. You can also install some SMS marketing software on your cell phone to copy and upload your contacts into the software and enable you to create messages. With such, you only need to click on the ‘send’ button to convey your messages to thousands of contacts.
- Design Your SMS Messages: The texts must be attractive enough to grab the attention of target users. Your messages shouldn’t be simplistic and repetitive. Use bulleted lists where necessary details regarding your product or services are mentioned. For example, instead of informing the customer about your latest sale, you can share your product’s features so they can read detailed information. That way, it can excite them to check your products.
- Send Out Coupons: Another great way to use SMS marketing is by sending coupons and special deals directly to your customer’s phones. It’s a great way to get your message across to a very targeted demographic. When using coupons or deals to get your message across, it’s essential to make sure that they’re useful for everyone who will receive them. By checking to see whether the coupon or deal is valid in your area, you’ll know that you’re making the right move. This strategy also helps get more traffic to your business site as long as you include your site’s link.
2. Improve Customer Service
You know how essential it is to provide excellent customer service to each of your potential clients. Your offerings will be wasted if you have poor customer service because it’ll tarnish your image in your customers’ minds and hinder the sales you might get. That’s why it’s necessary to ensure that each customer is always left with a great impression of your company. It’s not a good idea to let prospective clients feel unsatisfied.
You may not know how to start doing this, but you can use a cell phone to enhance your customer service. Having a phone means you’re always within reach of your customers. You can also have sales talks from anywhere. If you’re running a mobile business, you can quickly answer your clients’ calls and queries because your cell phone is always with you.
This is even more important if you offer services. Most clients want to talk over the phone instead of chatting with bots. Using your mobile phone, they can reach you anytime, which will leave a good impression of how you facilitate your enterprise. By resolving their queries in real-time, you can let them feel valued compared to companies they can’t reach.
3. Communicate With Staff And Clients
In today’s technologically advanced world, businesses need to make sure they can communicate with their clients. Communicating with customers and clients is crucial in ensuring a long-term positive relationship between both parties. One way to effectively communicate with your customers and clients is through a cell phone. Cellular phone services are becoming increasingly popular among companies because they’re affordable, convenient, and allow you to get the job done through continued communication.
Here’s how you can effectively communicate with them:
- For the staff: If you run a business and need to stay in touch with your staff for several business dealings, using a cell phone is just perfect. You can easily communicate with anyone about the progress of certain business projects and make faster clarifications of issues that need to be addressed properly. Using a phone can also be beneficial in handling employee correspondence, such as announcements. When emergencies arise, you could immediately communicate with them, too. This helps your business stay operational even when you and your team aren’t together.
- For the clients: As an entrepreneur, you need a cell phone to communicate with business contacts to send messages or inquiries anytime. Also, if you need some updates about a specific business transaction, such as following up on their invoice, you can call or text them immediately using a mobile phone.
As you can see, using a cell phone can go a long way in effectively communicating with your staff and clients. Because of this, you should choose a reliable telecommunications service provider that can offer the features you need at an affordable price. To pick the right one, it’s best to consider factors like the customer support that the company offers. You need to have the cell phone service provider know you’re using it for business purposes.
Not only can you use your phone’s service to communicate, but there are many apps you can install to reach clients and staff all over the world. For instance, you can use internet messaging platforms to attend or conduct meetings even when participants live in different countries or cities. You can use them to showcase business plan presentations, proposals, and product offerings. By having a continuous meeting, you can build better communication between you, your staff, and your clients.
4. Operate Business Using Mobile Apps
Another way your cell phone can help run your large or small business is by installing mobile apps. You can create, check, and download documents related to your business using various productivity apps. These apps can cater to hiring, marketing, communications, project management, and finances.
Below are the different mobile apps you can use for your business:
- Organization apps: With apps designed for organization, you can automate your workload and do more with your day. For example, you can stay organized and track all your business dealings, including meetings, using various mobile applications. Since these apps are systematic and synchronized, you can reduce human errors and make your transactions more accurate.
- Accounting apps: You can monitor the finances of your enterprise with accounting apps. You can send payments to your suppliers and employees, look at financial statements, and track expenses and revenues. You can even upload receipts to use for future reference, especially with taxes.
- Project management apps: You can download apps with project management features, making it powerful to track, monitor, and create individual projects. This way, you can stay on schedule and avoid missing pertinent tasks in your company.
- Business analytics apps: When it comes to business analytics, you can also monitor it on your mobile device using mobile apps. For instance, you can generate your business’ analytics from various social media platforms. That way, you can check what areas you need to improve to increase profits.
When running a business, you can go mobile with your cell phone. While you’re on the go or on a business trip, you can still operate your business since a cell phone allows you to advertise with SMS marketing strategies. By implementing SMS marketing strategies, you can reach out to more clients while promoting a continuing relationship with existing customers.
You can even use your cell phone to enhance your customer service, especially if you offer services that people want to avail any time of the day. Since they can reach you quickly via cell phone calls, they won’t feel neglected. As for your staff, you can keep your communication using your cell phone as well. If you have employees abroad, you don’t have to worry about conducting meetings because you can use mobile apps to communicate with them.
Most importantly, you can effectively operate your business using mobile apps. That way, you can open your files and data to monitor your business in real-time.
This article has been published in accordance with Socialnomics’ disclosure policy.