10 Predictions For Social Media Marketing in 2020
Almost every year, a new trend follows and encapsulates the entire social media platform like magnets. To keep track of these trends, it’s important that one thinks about the predictions that are a year ahead. In order to understand these predictions, you will have to extensively analyze and follow up on the trends of the previous year. This will give you a true sense of what the future holds and you will be able to understand and predict these changes accordingly.
Social media marketing has created a world of its own with the advent of digitalization and various platforms which has enabled it to spread its wings across the digital arena. Social media platforms have never been more trend. According to the statistics, it is sufficient to say that most of the world spends half of their day on various social media platforms. With the world just a click away, they have become an integral part of our lives. It is because of these platforms that marketing has changed its way of working, and we now see brand collaborations, paid advertisements, video advertisements all flourished over these platforms. It has opened a new business avenue for startups and new brands and has given more leverage to the established ones. Therefore, it’s important to keep track of these predictions because social media marketing is spreading like an epidemic in the digital space. We have scoured the internet and listed down the most promising social media marketing predictions for the year 2020,
1. Augmented Reality – Well, there has been a huge craze about the Augmented Reality this year. Do you remember the crazy ageing filter that got trending on Instagram and Facebook? Snapchat’s ageing filter created a craze among the users and a lot of people used it. Although Snapchat has always been quite innovative when it comes to augmented reality with its fun and spooky filters but speaking from a technical capacity, Facebook has been much more interactive. It’s just that Snapchat uses technology in a better way. There are rumours regarding the AR-enabled glasses to understand the reality fully, with the immersion into reality. Apple has been working on these AR-enabled glasses and chances are that we might end up seeing one of those in 2020. There is a neck to neck competition between these major companies. After all, it’s all about the right filters these days, and augmented reality has become a huge part of this lived reality that we inhabit.
2. The Rise of TikTok – With around 500 million active users, Tik Tok has gained a huge amount of success. First launched in 2016, this app is one of the most trending platforms of all. The B2C companies who have a target audience of the younger generation might find these platforms extremely useful for their marketing schemes and strategies. Since Instagram has gained a full-fledged market and the business is quite tight in there, switching to Tik Tok for marketing when it comes to teenagers or people from younger age groups, then it is one of the best options. It has become an extremely interactive and attractive platform for a lot of YouTube vloggers, actors, artists, etc. with live video dominating the social media marketing strategies and videos gaining momentum over pictures and images, it’s time to understand and brace yourself for the much-predicted rise of Tiktok.
3. Stories to Become a Part of Marketing and Interaction – With the emergence of Snapchat and its various posts which are timed for a day, there has been a huge change in the format of the Instagram and other social media platforms there has been a boost of 500 million daily active users on Instagram. It is because of the nature of the stories, which are not alternated and edited like the posts. It’s to be consumed now by the viewers. Thus, it’s a lot more authentic and useful for the viewers.
Statistics and trends have shown that brands with established space on the digital media post stories at least 4 days a week, in order to stay relevant and constantly negotiate their brand space in the market. A lot of marketers have already implanted stories into their social media strategies or will have to do so in the coming year. In order to gain trust and credibility but also to stay relevant to the Instagram stories and stories in general as well, is expected to see a huge rise this year.
4. Authentic Content – The garb of fake promises and elaborate marketing style must be torn off because 2020 is all about the authentic content which is optimized and is niche-oriented. The use of proper keywords and hashtags is expected to bring huge success to the content writing techniques of social media marketing.
5. Personalization of Brands are Going to Be the Standard – Relationship marketing techniques are expected to soar rise with the need of establishing a relation between the brand and the customer. There will be a shift via the focus on the conversational marketing techniques that will help in communicating the brand’s idea to its targeted audience. Most of the brands and the companies will have to ditch the buying mindset and focus on the idea of belonging; there will be an extensive focus on personalizing the brand using influencers and collaborations that are relatable to the users.
6. Growth of Alternative Platforms – Instagram and Facebook have always captured the users of Facebook have significantly deteriorated in the past year and even Instagram has been facing criticism on the basis of mental health effects that it causes. Under these circumstances, platforms like LinkedIn and Pinterest are likely to gain the forefront in the market. According to a recent update, a 25% increase in revenue has been seen in LinkedIn. On the other hand, Pinterest holds to be the most go-to platform for images. Marketers are expected to see a rise in these platforms, which they can use for their social media marketing strategies.
7. Influencers and Word-of-Mouth Marketing – One of the most beneficial aspects of social media marketing is that it helps in word of mouth marketing. The influencers will play an extremely important role in promoting the media value of the brands. They have captured the market in Instagram and it is expected that we see a huge rise in this particular aspect of social media marketing. However, the big influencers are starting to come out as disingenuous so there is a shift to the micro-influencers which is expected by social media analysts.
8. Rise of the Video Chat – with the recent growth of the house party, it has become evident that the video chats will be gaining momentum this year. Not only video chats, videos in general, are more enticing when it comes to social media marketing and have yielded more results in comparison to the still pictures. Features like live-streaming guests and group video calling have been incorporated by Facebook, Instagram and other platforms. The year 2020 is sure to see a rise in video chats.
9. Narrowcast Tweets – This has been in rumours for a lot of time, so it’s not much of a prediction but something that is going to happen. However, with a specialized audience and limited capacity to tweet, the entire game changes. There is going to be the emergence of the selective following and specialized content writing that can be posted.
10. Facebook Ad Costs are Likely to Increase – Most of the advertisers are likely to be pushed off by Facebook because its CPMs are likely to increase. The idea being that the companies who still rule on the stale content and do not optimize their Facebook marketing campaign will be ruled out. You will have to increase your average order value to decrease these advertisement costs.
In closing, these were some of the social media predictions of 2020 that might help you in making an informed decision and help you in staying ahead of the curve.