How to Access the CFS Feature for Your Instagram Account
No one is unaware of the Instagram portal nowadays. It is a widely used social media platform by millions of users globally to connect, share, and comment on uploaded posts of different individuals and was developed by Meta Developers in 2010. On this platform, users get an interesting feature that selects specific individuals for their posts and is visible to only selected Instagram users and that feature is CFS. So what is this CFS and what does CFS mean on Instagram? This article will make you familiar with this term and also tell you how to use it in your conversation.
What Does CFS Mean on Instagram?
The CFS is a special feature of Instagram and is abbreviated as – Close Friends Stories or Close Friends. This feature was added to the platform in 2018 and allows users to make their stories private and keep them distinct from other regular stories. The CFS Instagram means that a user is allowed to make their stories private with only some selected account holders. Only selected account holders will view your story to whom you have marked for CFS from your friend list. This is a unique way to make it a private story and limit the number of viewers for your Instagram stories.
How to Access the CFS Feature on Your Instagram Account?
Follow the given methods to get your Close Friend List on your Instagram.
- Open your Instagram account on your mobile or laptop.
- Click on your profile photo available at the bottom right-hand corner of your account page.
- Now, click on the menu option in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Move to settings and select the option of “close friends.“
- On clicking, you will get a list of all your friends available on Instagram. Choose your friends from the list to add them to the CFS feature.
- Now, only selected friends will be able to view and comment on your stories.
- If you cannot find a particular name in the list, then you can search for their name in the search bar and then click on their profile photo to add them to the CFS.
- Lastly, click on the option of “ Done” to save the CFS friend list for a particular story. This list is editable at any time.
- You can easily remove your friends from the CFS list. Just click on the visible circle next to your friend’s name and tap to deselect them.
How to Post a CFS Story on Instagram
Now you are aware of what CFS is on Instagram. This feature allows you to post your story secretly. Now, let’s move to the next question “How to post CFS story on Instagram”. Follow the steps below to do the same.
- Firstly, open the Instagram app on your device.
- Now, click on the “+” button shown at the bottom of your screen.
- Then tap the “Story” from the bottom options of your screen.
- There select what you want to post.
- Hit the green “Close Friends” button at the end.