Amazon Listing Optimization – Make your Product Discoverable
Currently, Amazon has over 1.9 million active sellers. Because of that staggering competition, it’s not enough to simply list your products on Amazon. To stand out in that crowd and make your products discoverable, it is necessary that you follow practices that help your products rank better. This is where Amazon product optimization techniques come to play.
Ready to learn how to optimize your Amazon listings to secure better search ranking and attract more qualified traffic to your listings? Here’s a quick guide to assist you on that endeavor.
What Is Amazon Listing Optimization?
Amazon product listing optimization refers to the set of techniques & practices that are meant to help your product listings rank higher organically on the Amazon SERPs for relevant search terms.
Since selling on the Amazon marketplace can be extremely competitive, ranking for relevant terms is not easy. However, by using the right listing optimization techniques (taking Amazon’s A10 algorithm into account), you can create compelling listings, drive more sales, and boost your brand visibility. These techniques may include targeting keywords in product titles, optimizing product images, and writing unique & compelling descriptions, among others.
Why Should You Optimize Product Listings?
Having high-quality products to sell on Amazon isn’t enough. It’s crucial to be found by your potential customers. Optimizing your product listings ensures that shoppers can find your listings when they search for a similar product, thereby helping your sales & conversions. But, since product optimization requires attention to detail, expertise, and an acute understanding of how Amazon rankings work, it is important to be very careful and strategic.
Here’s why you should avail Amazon product page optimization services:
- Improve product visibility & rankings: Amazon uses a proprietary search ranking algorithm (A9) that decides which products will be shown at the top of search results when a customer enters their query. Listing optimization ensures meeting the standards of the A9 algorithm to help your products gain more visibility, rank higher, and drive more traffic to your listings.
- Helps you stay competitive: With millions of sellers registered on the marketplace, getting your products in front of potential customers is not easy. However, by using listing optimization techniques, you can make your listings stand out and get a chance to overrank your competitors.
- Attracts more buyers: When you have perfectly optimized product titles, well-written product descriptions, and high-quality product pictures, you can definitely attract more buyers. Furthermore, Amazon optimization specialists ensure that your listings are shown on the top to reach more people & win higher customer attention.
- Boosts your sales & conversions: People are more likely to buy products that are shown on the top pages of Amazon SERPs. Additionally, when you have compelling brand content, well-displayed product features, and enticing product images, customers can make informed purchasing decisions that boost your Amazon sales & conversions.
- Elevate your brand presence: Leveraging Amazon optimization services can improve your rankings and visibility and encourage your customers to know about your brand. When optimizing your listings, you can add customized touches to the listing (possible through Enhanced Brand Content) to make them stand out. You can also use this technique to redirect the traffic to your brand store or another product page. This way, you can create a lasting impression on your customers & enhance your brand image.
How To Optimize Amazon Listings For Better Performance?
Now that you know why Amazon optimization is critical for sellers, you must also know how to optimize your listings for better eStore performance.
When optimizing your listings, here are eight things to pay attention to:
- Product title
- Product images
- Product features
- Product description
- Product reviews
- Product rating
- Product price
1. Find & Use Relevant Keywords
Researching keywords is a critical aspect of listing optimization. Whether you want to improve sales of your existing products or are adding new products, finding relevant images & using them accurately helps your target audience to discover your listings in the search results.
On Amazon, you need to research & pay attention to two different types of keywords:
- Primary Keywords- These are keywords that generally appear to your customers. You must add your primary keywords in your product titles, descriptions, and features to connect with your audience & enable them to find your products on the marketplace.
- Backend Keywords- These are referred to as ‘search terms’ by Amazon and profoundly impact its ranking algorithm. These keywords help you connect with your potential customers based on their search habits.
When selecting the right keywords for your products, go with keywords that have high search volume and that are highly relevant to your products. You can also use advanced tools to select the best keywords like Keywordtool.io, Amazon suggestions, etc.
2. Optimize Your Product Title
On Amazon, you can write a product title up to a maximum length of 250 characters. However, the marketplace has a suppression rule that suppresses your listings if it goes beyond the 200-character limit. Your product title must provide the most important information to buyers. You can add product brand, size, quantity, model, colors, etc. Also, ensure to add a relevant keyword in the title.
While writing your product titles, here are a few things to take care of:
- Write the first letter of each word in the upper case (exclude conjunction, preposition, or articles)
- Spell the measurements and avoid using symbols like “&”, “©”. etc.
- Avoid promotional messages in the title
- Do not give pricing information
- Avoid using irrelevant words
- Keep all the numbers in numeral form
3. Optimize Your Product Images
Product images play a vital role in overall Amazon store optimization. You can show up to 9 product images on Amazon with an image size of 1,000 pixels wide and 500 pixels high. Take this as an opportunity and add high-quality product images to attract your potential customers.
A few ways to images on Amazon are-
- Keep your image background white
- Show your product from different angles to help customers take a complete view of the product
- Ensure that your product takes up at least 85% of the total image space
- Show the product in use
- Pay attention to colors (It should match the color of the actual product)
- Choose the best photo as your ‘main image’
4. Highlight Key Product Features
Amazon platform allows its sellers to write product features up to 1000 characters. To ensure that your potential customers choose your product over the competitors, make sure to add all your product features and benefits to persuade customers to make a positive buying decision.
Here are a few tips to demonstrate your product features:
- Highlight the product features in a bulleted format
- Start your bullet point with a capital letter
- Make your first phase or sentence attention-grabbing
- Deliver all the important features, followed by uses and benefits
- Do not include the product price or company’s information
5. Write Unique & Engaging Product Descriptions
Writing high-quality product descriptions is crucial to Amazon product listing optimization. Hence, to optimize your description, do not simply copy the points that you’ve mentioned in the product features section, make sure to elaborate on your features and show how your product is better than others. Under this section, you have the freedom to create an enticing description (up to 2000 characters) that allows you to explain your product in-depth and further highlight the product’s benefits.
- Add relevant keywords in the product description
- Use short sentences
- Highlight the most important features, uses, and benefits of your products
- Elaborate on your product features
- Mention additional features or benefits (if any)
- Break the paragraphs by using light HTML
- Avoid using the seller’s name, contact details, website, or other information
- Do not use promotional language
- Keep a consistent tone
Note: To write product descriptions that sell and entice more customers, it is important that you abide by Amazon’s Product Detail Page rules. Even a single mistake in this case can negatively impact your rankings and sales performance. So, if you want quick and easy product page creation, it is wiser to outsource Amazon optimization services. Professional assistance from skilled copywriters, and keyword-rich, unique, and engaging descriptions, will help boost sales & conversions.
6. Focus On Product Reviews & Ratings
To rank well on Amazon, product ratings & reviews play an important role. After all, they validate that your products are good quality and worth buying. However, winning great product reviews & ratings is not easy. You must deliver excellent products and customer support to collect positive reviews. You can also use tools like FeedbackExpress that help you request product reviews. Alternatively, you can also offer discounts and promotions to attract a good number of product reviews & ratings.
7. Ensure Competitive Pricing
Product price plays an important role in determining the ranking of your listing. As Amazon promises reasonable deals to its customers, it promotes listings that have competitive pricing. As competition on Amazon is fierce, you cannot afford to ignore your product price. Thus, it is best to use competitor price monitoring services to get insight into your competitors’ selling rates and adjust your product prices accordingly.
Is There A Need To Outsource Amazon Optimization Services?
There is a fair argument around this. Many Amazon sellers choose to hire third-party experts, while many others keep raising doubts about the efficiency of such an arrangement. To clarify the matter, here are some prominent benefits of outsourcing Amazon listing optimization services.
- Outsourcing helps sellers in cutting down their operational costs substantially.
- You can offload your burden and focus on core business operations by hiring Amazon optimization specialists.
- Enables you to get access to skilled and experienced Amazon listing optimization experts who are well-versed with Amazon’s ranking algorithm.
- Outsourcing vendors can also help you with other Amazon-related tasks like product upload, order processing, inventory management, customer support, etc.
- Creating & optimizing product listings involves a great deal of time. By outsourcing, experts can help you get this job done quickly.
Amazon listing optimization has a profound impact on =product discoverability & sales. However, properly optimizing every aspect of an Amazon listing and repeating the process for multiple listings can get overwhelming for sellers many times. Hopefully, this guide has helped you sort the priorities and develop a workflow that works for you.