10 Advanced SEO Techniques to Double Your Search Traffic
Keeping up with the SEO updates and fixing a good position in SERPs of different search engines is a very crucial factor today for any website. Getting featured in a snippet or even having your website as a first-page result defines the success mantra of your site and attracts the relevant traffic. SEO techniques help you optimize your content precisely how your viewers want, giving you a free way to the throne of SERPs.
What are SEO techniques?
Search engine optimization techniques are well-researched methods focused on improving your website image and helping you attract relevant traffic to it. Great SEO techniques also enhance your website’s visibility in the SERPs, ROI, KPIs, and customer conversion rate.
The first step for any website to gain viewers is through the searches people make. Although, almost no user goes to the second page of Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). And this fact alone makes it critical for your website to gain a spot on the first page if you don’t want to be invisible on the internet. SEO-based research involves studying various dynamic patterns of user data, including most searched keywords, user interaction, and even the favored search engine by a particular group of users.
Do SEO Techniques Even Work to Increase Website Traffic?
The most straightforward way to get your website some new traffic is by providing the traffic a website that they want. Unfortunately, the SEO world evolves so rapidly, that there are no indications of what your website should look like. But, the basic SEO techniques are always there to back you up and get you running the race. It is vital for any website owner or marketer to stay up-to-date about these changes and also update their websites accordingly using various SEO Tools to keep the users engaged and give them a pleasant experience.
Let us dig into the world of SEO techniques and retrieve the treasure of traffic for your website-
1. Website Audit: Auditing in simplest terms means inspecting. Auditing your website provides you insight to the accuracy of your content in relevance to the audience you want to target and the overall performance of your website. It lets you analyze where your website lacks or shows missing links that you should tend to for your viewers to have easy access to your content.
Things to Check in SEO Audit:
- Check your content has the latest information and provides answers to any question related to the topic
- Use keywords to help search engines understand your content
- Use HTML tags to give a decent structure to your website
- Use correct backlinks and internal links
- Ensure the Alt-Image text has all required details about your content
- Keep the website URL concise and ensure it follows a good format. Long and complicated URLs are frowned upon by most users.
2. Frequency of Posting: Posting more content over your website removes the chances of skipping major keywords that might be widely searched by prospective users. It also keeps your targeted users engaged in your work and gives them a sign that you are interested in communicating with them as much as they are. If you find managing your website content a difficult task, there are many agencies that help website owners or business owners to post on their behalf.
When Posting Your Content:
- Don’t over-post on your website or on social media platforms,
- Keep the posts regular
- It is best to know what time is best to share your content to get more attention.
3. Clustered Topics: Clustering the topics and dividing them into many specific keyword-oriented articles help to declutter the main content. It can be understood as branches of a tree, each representing a different but relevant (to each other and the main content) keyword blog. These branches are focused on those keywords and explain them in detail. While all these branches are connected to the main trunk that represents the main content of a website, having a long-form and broad spectrum of keywords in itself. The main content briefly introduces a user to the website’s content and usually has internal links to the clustered topics, so if any user wants to understand a keyword in detail, they can click through the link and obtain their required knowledge.
To Create Better Topic Clusters:
- Create content that is a very common search query, and ensure you enlist all satisfactory answers to that query.
- Check the articles already present on your website. Look out for the correlation between the main content you want to add these clustered topics to.
- The clustered content should have long-tail keywords which reduce competition and increase the chances of readers clicking through your website.
- Create the main content in such a fashion that it satisfies the references and keywords of the interlinked blogs.
- Update your existing content, both on the main content and the interlinked cluster content pages to keep your ranking preserved.
4. Mobile-Friendly Website: Mobile phones are the go-to devices available in everyone’s hand, obviously making them the device most searches are done on. Along with the fact that the latest Google algorithm update prioritizes the sites that are easily accessible on mobile devices. A Responsive Web Design (RWD) can be used to achieve a website design that works efficiently across any device that the website is viewed on.
When Designing Pages for Mobile:
- The complete page-loading time on mobile should be minimumImage Source
- The web pages should not break in mobile screen resolution
- The elements of the website should be easily accessible on every device
- The website should be navigable smoothly with a good user-experience
5. Aim to Get Featured in the Snippets: Snippets are small knowledge panels that Google presents in its SERPs. These panels have introductory information about the website linked with them. Google uses snippets to keep its users on its page instead of letting them go to other web pages. Getting featured in these snippets automatically increases your chances of getting featured again and also increases your raw traffic by about 26% of the total clicks to your site. Use keyword tracking tools like Moz, SEMRush, or Ahrefs to check the highly rated keywords to improve your ranks.
Tips to Get Your Website into Snippets:
- Keep your meta-description short yet precise, this allows search engines to understand your content better
- Try to get your page in the top ten results, this increases your chances to be featured in a snippet
- Use HTML tags for an ordered format
6. Barnacle SEO Strategy: Traffic can be generated by using other high-ranking websites that are dominant in your target keywords and results in your own posts. This technique is called the Barnacle SEO strategy. It includes guest blogging, local listing optimization, brand mentions, and using platforms to post your content. This method works as it combines the traffic from the high-ranked websites to your own website traffic. Using SEO tools, top-ranked keywords can be searched and used to develop good content.
To Get Referred Traffic:
- Check out sites that include forums. They have high authority discussions and citing your website there could direct a huge crowd towards your website.
- Add your biography in the posts to introduce yourself to your readers. This builds trust and confidence in that reader in your content and increases the probability of them coming back to your site in their future searches.
- Do not over-promote your website on high-ranked pages as they can get you blocked.
7. Customer-Centered Content: Best positive reaction can be gained by giving people what they are looking for. If your website focuses on the pain points of customers and provides them with solutions, you are more likely to convert them. Use behavior analysis tools to precisely understand what your viewers prefer and search for. You can also use feedback and reviews of your customers to curate a better experience for them.
Ways to Get Feedback from Ideal Customers:
- Use social media platforms for review comments
- Post surveys to get a closer look at your customer’s thoughts
- Use Google Analytics for overall data collection
- Check posts that get the most shares and create more similar posts
- Add a visitor comments section on your blog posts
8. Checking Content Followings: Content followings involve the total number of page views, most popular pages and posts, the average time spent on the page, the bounce rate, and the exit percentage.
- The average time spent on the page tells you if people actually took the time to read the full post or simply brushed through it.
- The number of shares allows you to know which posts intrigued people enough to share them with their followers.
- The bounce rate tells you the percentage of people who clicked on one of your pages but left without clicking through the other pages on your website.
- The exit percentage tells you the percentage of viewers that left your page after going through the landing page only. A higher exit percentage will indicate that people don’t find relevant helpful content on your site.
9. Use Infographics: Infographics allow you to display complex information in an easily recognizable manner. The human brain grasps visual data more easily as compared to literal texts and is more prone to remember images more efficiently too. A well-designed infographic will communicate your message in a very effective way. Infographics also help the search engines in understanding your website content and hence allowing them to present your website as a solution to the related searches.
For Using Infographics in Your Content-
- Try using self-created images,
- Ensure that images don’t slow down the website’s loading speed,
- Present strong facts in the images,
- Keep them attractive to gain more attention
10. Upgrade the Existing Content: Instead of creating new content every year, update the older content with the latest information, data, and figures. This saves your time and helps with some quick wins.
While Upgrading Old Material:
- Keep new facts, figures, and data relevant to the older content,
- Make changes to the older text according to new trends,
- Give time to those posts only that are still a hot topic
On a Final Note
If you’re looking to double your website’s traffic and be on the top-ranking pages on SERPs, the techniques mentioned above will help your business stand out amongst the competition. You can sign up for various organizations providing expert SEO services or use the above-mentioned techniques to get on the top.