Best B2B Email Marketing Hacks to Generate Highly Relevant Leads
Even as most marketing techniques pave the way to becoming popular, email marketing still brings some highly relevant leads. Email marketing is one of the oldest methods of digital marketing. Despite what several marketers claim, email marketing still stands strong.
Notwithstanding the many methods of interpersonal communication, the usage of emails continues to grow. According to a technology market research firm, The Radicati Group. Inc’s Email Statistics Report, the number of sent and received emails is expected to grow 4.4% every year.
Especially as we are currently following the work from home method, most professional conversations, discussions, and businesses are running through emails.
There are plenty of methods to generate leads through email marketing, but here are a few that work the best for B2B companies.
Hack #1- Personalize Your Emails
When sending emails in bulk, you can never be writing for a single person or company. So, let’s go for the next best thing, personalizing the email. If you use email marketing services like MailChimp or Moosend or simply use Gmail, you can personalize the email using merge tags.
They can replace the first name or company name in each email so every mail that you send goes personally to the receiver. Several marketers have claimed that personalized emails have more chances of being seen and eventually converted.
For the best chance, you must use the merge tags in the subject to attract the receiver’s attention. Also, keep your email sequences ready to attract the highest conversions.
Hack #2 – Add A Strong CTA
It is needless to say that when you are drafting an email, the CTA (Click Through Action) is what will drive the final results. You know what you want to achieve through that mail, in this case, a lead. You can:
- Attach the link to your website for the receiver to know more about your company and eventually take interest in your product/ service
- Directly mention your products/ services and add an urgent CTA like ‘Buy Now’ or Only For Today’
- Use contrasting colors to make your CTA pop out. Make your CTA interactive by allowing it to change color with cursor around it
- Use CTA like ‘Sign Up’ to collect data of your potential customers
Here is an example of a strong CTA from Kabbage:
Hack #3- Focus On Selling Value More Than The Product
Remember that you are not writing for any random person but a professional. Chances are, they are already aware of all the tactics you may be applying. So, the methods of tapping into their emotions, or even pushing towards a sale won’t work with them.
When drafting your email, remember to focus on providing value to the user more than trying to sell the product/ service. You must mention how your product/ service can benefit the company or the professional using it.
For example, instead of using “Rent our warehouse to keep your goods”, try using, “Get yourself a safe and smart place for your company products”.
Remember, even if you are writing for trained professionals, there are no robots to be provided with simple data. Writing an email that showcases the benefits that a company will potentially receive will have more chances of converting leads than the general method.
Hack #4- Write A Compelling Email Subject
The subject of an email is like the first impression of a person. If that doesn’t work for the reader, the possibility that they will even read your email is slight to none. Make sure that your subject attracts your reader. You should use copywriting tricks to your advantage to say more in fewer words. Additionally, you can use the following tips.
- If you have a coupon or invitation that you wish to give your subscribers, don’t wait to write it in the body. Use it on the subject line
- Use the merge tag to personalize your subject. This gives an idea of connectivity to the reader.
- Use emoticons in your subject. In a list of all black colored email subjects, a different color by the emoticon can catch attention. Some of the famous B2C companies like Netflix, Swiggy, and Zomato use this technique and it works wonders for them. However, you must know not to overuse it as B2B emails must be professional.
- Do not get fooled by the idea of using all caps and exclamation points in your subject. Email services consider such emails as spam so your email won’t make it into the inbox.
- Keep it under 50 words so that the receiver can get a basic idea of the reason for your email. A long subject will not be fully shown in the inbox leading to the disinterest of your reader.
Here is an example of a nice email subject:
Hack #5- Use Referrals
Do you know the best method of generating qualified leads? It is referral marketing. If your current customer refers your product/ services to someone in their circle, the chances of getting a newly qualified lead increase exponentially.
B2B companies like Google Suite and Booker have been generating referrals to produce low-cost leads. According to the Wharton School of Business, the lifetime value of a referred customer is 25% more than any other customer.
- When sending a mail to your current subscribers, you can add a referral option through a CTA.
- You can add a referral in your email signature so whenever you send an email, the user has an option to refer your product/ services to people they know.
- Create an offer for anyone who successfully refers you to a lead. You can use the method, ‘Share with your connections and Get $10 off’.
- Keep the referral mail simple and easy to understand and when focusing on getting referrals, use only the one CTA i.e. collecting referral.
- Target your loyal audience for referrals and the ones who are regular customers.
Hack #6- Time Your Email
You might be wondering if timing your mail can do any good? It’s not like a social media algorithm that only a certain timing of your posts will be visible to your connections.
But, imagine, if there is a long list of emails in your receiver’s inbox already and you send the mail in the afternoon during the crunch hours of office, you may not be getting any lead here.
Now that you know why timing your mail is important, you must know what time. Several studies suggest that for an average 8-5 office employee, the best timing to send a B2B email is around 10 AM that is sent in the mid-week.
Here are some of the best email timings according to Coschedule:
However, most CEOs, CFOs, and Entrepreneurs regularly check their email so a particular day doesn’t matter for them.
However, business algorithms are indeed ever-changing and when your goal is to generate leads, you may want to stay up to date.
When used judicially, these email marketing hacks can be beneficial towards generating highly relevant leads for your B2B company. However, they are not magic to produce leads or may work with perfect results every time. They are simple methods to increase your chances of generating qualified leads.
Do you know any unique method of lead generation through email marketing? Please let me know in the comments.