5 Ways to Significantly Improve Marketing Team Productivity
Productive employees generate maximum profits and these profits keep the company running. You might be astonished to know that a whopping 70% of employees are not engaged while at work. This has a direct impact on sales, resulting in decreased profits. If your marketing team is not efficient then your business can’t sustain for long.
Here are 5 effective ways that will help you to improve your marketing team’s productivity and get sales back on track.
We are living in the age of data-driven marketing. Your sales strategy strongly relies on data. When you have the right metrics and data at your disposal then you are always in a better position to generate more sales. Here are some of the metrics that should be tracked properly:
- The lead score and the lead channel origination rate.
- The number of qualified leads that get converted into sales.
- The overall value of the closed leads.
- The lead response time.
- The ROI on sales teams and marketing channels.
- The cost per acquisition of new customers.
- The cost of retaining existing customers.
- The lifetime value of each customer.
When you keep an eye on the data, you are able to clearly define your next step which ultimately helps to remove obstructions and clears the path for maximum conversions.
With the help of data, you can create buyer personas, measure the results and take the help of predictive analytics to accurately predict customer behavior. This helps to carry out different forecasting, leading to improved revenue.
2- Cut Down On Meetings and Don’t Delay the Start
Around 25M meetings are carried out in the U.S. every single day! Moreover, upper management spends up to 50% of their time in meetings. What’s sad is most meetings turn out to be unproductive and cost the business too much money.
Besides, people are too lazy to start and then do not plan their tasks beforehand. This leads to mismanagement and customer dissatisfaction.
Here are some suggestions that are helpful in minimizing the need for meetings and they also help to make your employees more productive:
- You should not hold meetings just for the sake of meetings as valueless meetings can literally kill employee motivation.
- Meetings turn out to be unproductive when they are organized way too often. You should avoid organizing meetings when there are no real agendas.
- Ask your team to concentrate on their regular work. This will give them ample time to carry out their regular duties and it won’t delay the start.
- Make use of tools that cut down redundancy and help the team to plan their tasks in advance.
- Use software such as Time Doctor that allows you to monitor the screens of your employees at work. Several case studies have revealed that employees spend time on Facebook or other social media sites and this reduces the team’s efficiency and accountability.
3- Leverage The Power of LinkedIn
LinkedIn is an awesome platform to network with potential prospects. Each and every member of your marketing team should be present on LinkedIn because you can search, network, connect and message people directly. This is especially useful for B2B companies who are looking to network with C-suite officials. Follow the below strategies to use LinkedIn as the perfect lead prospect development tool:
- See who is already following you on LinkedIn and check if you can convert them into serious leads. This is probably the best place to start. You can use LinkedIn as the perfect outreach tool.
- Opt for a LinkedIn Premium account as this gives you greater access to profile information, allows you to direct mail your prospects, and provides the facility of advanced search features.
- The advanced search feature of LinkedIn is really useful and you can search for the right contacts at specific companies.
- Ask your team to create a solid profile for themselves before they start approaching prospects. Their profile should reflect what they do and how they can be useful. Besides, keep your company profiles strong.
4- Motivate Your Team
Here are some effective ways to motivate your team and raise their productivity:
- Do not underpay your team. Raise their salary and pay them more than your competitors. Money is one of the biggest motivators and it will help raise the bar.
- Give them ample freedom to adopt their own working style.
- Provide a pleasant place to work.
- Make every effort to keep employees happy as happy employees are the most productive.
- Your team should be open to accepting mistakes. Making mistakes should not be taboo. Allow your team to learn from mistakes and encourage an open learning environment.
- Invite your team to share their inputs.
- Always set clear goals that are easy to understand.
- Every person needs to feel appreciated so make every effort to make your team feel appreciated.
- Always support new ideas from your team.
- Support creativity and empower your team to make them feel like they are part of something big.
- Create a healthy competition between your team members as this raises the overall team output.
5- Give Powerful Sales Presentations
You decrease your chances of converting a lead if you fail to deliver an excellent sales presentation. Here are 8 super useful tips to pull buyers:
- Have a clear agenda and don’t give a generic presentation. People hate being a part of a boring, generic presentation that doesn’t solve their problem.
- Be creative and use animations and sounds to make the presentation super catchy, entertaining, and knowledgeable.
- Include social proof slides and other elements that increase the trust of prospects.
- Instead of telling your client what your product can do, physically show them how.
- Include smiling faces in your presentation whenever you talk about your brand. Studies reveal that the brain processes smiles faster than any other element.
- Use visual elements in place of text as human brains process images 60K times faster than text.
- Make use of leading questions to your advantage.
- Personalize your slides for the customer or the company.
Do not allow your team to take things for granted and keep a watch over them so that they don’t become lazy. Remember, every dollar spent on marketing should drive results and it is the responsibility of your marketing team to generate a healthy return on investment. Make use of the above ways to adopt smarter work processes that help to eliminate redundancy and reward achievements.