Mel Robbins’ 7 Super Tips for Success
Each week, we find the world’s top thought leaders and give you their top 7 tips to help unlock and unleash your inner superpower. Below are Mel Robbins’ 7 Super Tips which can also be heard on our Super U Podcast by clicking here, viewed below, or viewed here: Mel Robbins 7 Super Tips.
Mel Robbins, an expert on leadership and defeating doubt, is one of the top motivational speakers alive today. Her Ted Talk, How To Stop Screwing Yourself Over, has over 10 million views spanning 37 countries. She delivers life-changing messages to her audiences and urges them to challenge their way of thinking.
Mel Robbins’ 7 Super Tips:
- You’re never gonna feel like it. If you ever want to change an area of your life, you are never going to feel like it. Ever. No one’s coming and motivation isn’t happening. You just have to force yourself out of your head, past your feelings and get outside of your comfort zone. If you have an impulse, do it within 5 seconds or you won’t do it at all. Act on your ideas.
- Fear is not a problem. Fear is real. In fact, there are probably things that you’re afraid of doing right now in your life, in your relationships, and at work. The fact that you’re afraid is robbing you of all the experiences you want to have in your life. To get past this fear, use the 5-second rule and an anchor thought.
- 5-second rule. Launch yourself out of bed in the morning like a NASA rocket ship. Countdown to 5,4,3,2,1… then stand up. You will then beat your habit of hitting the snooze button. If you don’t move or do something within 5 seconds, you won’t do it because you’ll have too much time to mentally talk yourself out of it.
- Find your one thing. What is the one thing you’d love to do in life if you didn’t have to worry about money? Once you have that answer, all you have to do is explore it and find one thing you can do to expand your knowledge on that topic. Stalk people pursuing that line of work and that’s how you start doing it yourself.
- Seeing the big picture. Successful people are all in the weeds. The key to seeing something larger for yourself is getting out of the weeds. To do that, run your life like a business, do a brain dump and make a list, and exercise.
- Bad mornings don’t have to be bad days. Just because you blow your morning by skipping the gym or oversleeping, that is not an excuse to blow the rest of your day. Find one thing you want to improve on and then set an if-then statement to make sure it gets done.
- Life is not a race. Slow down. Stop looking around at what everyone else is doing and focus on where you are and what’s important to you.
To ensure you don’t miss future guests and tips, please be sure to subscribe to our podcast by clicking here >> Super U Podcast
We hope these 7 Super Tips help unlock and unleash your inner superpower!