Create a Quiz for Social Media to Increase Engagement and Get More Leads
‘Interactive content’ is the social media buzzword that marketers cannot escape. Away from calls for variety, creating content that elicits engagement from the audience is now the holy grail. Social media quizzes are an increasingly popular tool for meeting this goal.
The question is, are these quizzes just for the audience’s amusement, or can they impact your company’s marketing objectives?
Why Social Media Quizzes?
Because social media is all about individuals interacting with other people and brands, quizzes give users an opportunity for self expression. The quiz revolves around the user, not the brand, making them more likely to share quiz results on their timeline. This means increased engagement on your page.
The primary benefit for your company when you make your own quiz is to create awareness about your brand and generate leads without bombarding the user with sales pitches. Two avenues for doing this are:
A lead capture form: This is integrated into the quiz as one of the steps, usually before the results. Users are allowed to skip this step. This enables them to opt-in to your mailing list for more information.
A subtle call to action: Including a link for products related to the results at the end of the quiz can drive sales based on emotions sparked by the quiz.
Types of Quizzes
1) The Knowledge Quiz: This type of quiz tests knowledge on a particular subject and results are based on accuracy of answers. An example of such a quiz is this one by a rental car company.
2) The Personality Test: This type of quiz is popular as the results are self-serving and can be based on trending topics. For instance, a shoe store could create a personality test like this one.
How to Create a Social Media Quiz?
- Decide on the Type of Quiz: The choice between knowledge and personality tests will be determined by your brand and products.
- Pick a captivating title: The tiltle of the quiz will determine how much engagement it will receive. Trending topics, celebrities and other topics that elicit emotion are a good place to start when choosing a topic
- Design the Questions: Make the questions short to save user’s time. Include attractive images to enhance the experience. Use an informal tone to keep the mood light. Create engaging and personal questions to really connect with the user.
- Create a lead capture form: The form should only capture basic details such as an e-mail address. Make it possible for users to skip this step. Include incentives such as a free e-book or discount coupon to encourage opt-in.
- Design Results Page: The results are the user’s end game. They should evoke positive emotions to encourage the user to share. As with the questions, use captivating images. You may choose to include a call-to-action to generate leads.
Incorporating quizzes into your social media strategy is an effective way to connect and engage with your audience. It allows positive interaction with your brand while increasing your leads.
We hope you enjoy our posts. Since the above is promoted, it’s extra special!