How Facebook’s SDK Can Promote And Market Your App
Facebook’s Software Development Kit is a set of eight (8) powerful tools built by Facebook engineers which can be implemented into your app to improve its’ functionality, link your app from Facebook, increase awareness about your app, propel download rates and even make some extra bucks with Facebook ads. Mobile app development companies have started using them in mobile app development.
The following eight tools provided by Facebook SDK works on both Android and iOS.
1. Login (login to app using your Facebook details)
2. Share (like and share content directly to Facebook)
3. Graph API (query Facebook data, Insights, engagements, etc.)
4. App Links (create links directly to app from Facebook posts)
5. App Invites (send messages to Facebook friends inviting them to use your app)
6. App Events (evaluate app usage)
7. Ads (in-app ads and app engagement ads shown in Facebook Newsfeeds)
8. Audience Network (Earn some extra money on your app with Facebook ads)
Let’s consider six ways of marketing and promoting your app, even improved with the support of these Facebook SDK tools.
• Facebook Login makes it easier
Facebook Login is an essential feature for an app. With the increase in the number of mobile apps developed per time, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep track with new usernames and passwords for every new app, so why not save the stress.
Incorporating Facebook Login into your app also provides access to some of the user’s data which is valuable to your company, and your app as information can be used to improve the user experience of your app.
• Sharing increases publicity
In-app sharing gives your app exposure and stimulate a sense of community among users. Facebook’s SDK allows sharing through both Like and Share buttons.
With Sharing, users can post images, videos or links from your app to their own timeline or a friend’s.
Keep in mind that shared content should direct people to a specific destination within your app when clicked from the Facebook News Feed.
• App Invites
Word of mouth is still the best form of promotion and app users find it interesting when they can share and connect with friends. Facebook offers you the link needed to let users share the app with friends by simply tapping a button. There is also an option for personalized invitation giving your app free endorsement.
• App Events provides more information about your target audience
Having specific knowledge about your target audience is fundamental as it eliminates guesswork in app development and advertising. It makes development effective and guarantees successful advertisements. Funnel and Cohorts are examples of Facebook’s analytical tools used to get more information and analysis about target audience.
• App Ads surges download rates and engagement from Facebook
App ads show up as “Suggested Apps” in a Facebook user’s news feed and allow them to engage it (Like, share or comment) or Install your app. When using this, be sure to have a budget for the ad campaign, and they come in different plans (pay per click, pay per impression. Etc.).
• Audience Network lets you earn money with Facebook
As an app developer, you can monetize your app with Facebook using Audience Network by showing in-app ads on your app powered by Facebook SDK which comes in different forms (banners, native, interstitial). You can also display your new application in in-app ads in other apps using the Audience Network.