Social Media Marketing for Adult Businesses
There are often difficulties in getting likes/shares and tweets about adult topics such as the Hitachi magic wand or other adult toys and items. Some people are shy about publicly liking these types of sites and products so it can make promotion on social media even more difficult. Sex sells. We know this. However, when we talk about it openly (on social media) admitting what it is we’re buying, it’s a different story.
Tips for Social Media Marketing for Adult Businesses
Google’s search algorithms are not friendly to adult-oriented topics so marketers have to get creative in the ways they choose to advertise and grow a following. Finding indirect ways to draw attention to your page will also attract more followers since most people prefer to keep their personal life in the bedroom and not share information about what they like online.
Here are some tips for social media marketing for adult businesses:
- Choose an adult-friendly platform such as Tumblr, Twitter, or even Instagram to market your business. Facebook is the least friendly site for adult businesses.
- Learn your audience so you’ll know what appeals to them the most and it will make it easier to find content that grabs their attention.
- Most of your content should provide or link to information that is useful or entertaining. The goal is to provide something of value for your followers so they will want to share it with others.
- Make your products seem more innocent by using humor, comics, or photos of cute animals but only post photos and content that is in good taste and non-offensive.
- Look for posts that you find interesting and then like, share, and comment on them to help draw attention to your page.
- Ask questions or ask your followers to share stories or information they find interesting to encourage engagement.
These tips can help increase the number of likes/shares and tweet your page receives, which in turn will help your business grow.
Humanize Your Profile
When deciding whether to follow your website or not, potential followers will go over your profile. The first thing they’ll look at is your profile picture. It needs to be a real photo that helps them see the human side of your business. This is important for all types of businesses but especially for those that sell products like the Hitachi magic wand massager, since items like these are a sensitive topic that people don’t like to talk about.
In the About Me section, provide information about your company that will help users understand who you are. Explain what your company is all about, why you started it, how your products can benefit them, and then provide links to your website where they can obtain more information.
Remember that you can get the most from social media platforms when you take a social approach. The time will come when you’ll get the chance to promote your business but first, you need to concentrate on connecting with others and making friends. This is the primary use for social platforms and you’ll lose followers if you’re too promotional.