Little Known Facts About Bingo – And Why They Matter
Do you fancy learning some bingo facts?
Today, bingo is a favourite game played by people of all generations and genders. You might think you know everything about your favourite game, but many little facts elude everyone.
BingoSites is one of the UK’s most popular bingo comparison websites that helps you choose the best bingo sites. So, whether it’s a guide, bonuses, concepts, or facts, they give you all the fun and valuable information you need to know about bingo and have helped us out with this article.
These little facts help you learn that playing and winning a bingo game has more to it than just gambling.
Little Known Facts About Bingo
1. As per Mirror Online, 80% of bingo players all over the world are women.
It shows bingo is not played just for gambling, but for reasons like companionship, fun, and socializing.
2. Bingo can have positive effects on your brain.
In a study, researchers at the University of Southampton found bingo sharpens the minds of senior people. It also improves hand-and-eye coordination and memory recollection in people.
3. In the US and UK, bingo has different versions.
90-ball bingo is the UK version, and 75-ball bingo is the US version. Next time when you play bingo, you can quickly tell them apart!
4. Microgaming, Playtech, and Dragon Fish are top software developers of the bingo brand.
Now, when you have to choose a bingo site, you know which developers you need to pick for the best bingo game experience.
5. Over 3 million people play bingo regularly in the UK.
48% of regular bingo players consider playing bingo as a part of their routine – like cleaning your teeth or doing the dishes.
6. Bingo is nearly 500 years old and comes from Italy.
Yes, it’s 455 years older than the first Super Mario Bros console game (1985) or 482 years older than the hit mobile game – Candy Crush (2012). It dates back to 1530, first developed in Italy by the name ‘Lo Giuoco del Lotto D’Italia.’
7. It’s more famous in Scotland than in the rest of the UK.
You would be surprised to know that, compared to 1 in 5 Scots, only 1 in 20 people in the South of England play bingo.
8. Celebrities love playing bingo too!
While celebrities like Denise Van Outen, Catherine ZetaJones, Paris Hilton, and Robbie Williams love playing bingo, it began careers for many. Simon from boy band Blue, East Ender’s Shane Richie, Russell Crowe, and Kian from WestLife are a few to name.
9. The biggest bingo win in the UK was £950,000 on Sunday 22 December 2002.
Since 1986, the National Bingo Game has distributed over £1 billion prize money to people.
10. 95% of people have at least won once in a bingo game regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.
If you want to ensure a non-rigged bingo game, go with UKGC licensed ones. They provide it and also see that players have a fair chance of winning.
This article has been published in accordance with Socialnomics’ disclosure policy.