Building a Mobile App for Your Startup? Here are 5 Useful Tips
Regardless of your industry vertical, having a mobile app of your own is no longer an option. I am pretty sure you must have understood this by now; I mean that’s how you landed here, right?
By now, most of the businesses including both online and brick and mortar adventures have websites (responsive ones) to grow further. To all the low-profit new businesses who are aggressive enough to move high in a limited ability to focus, the current post is devoted to urging to have a mobile identity.
Why You May Ask?
First and foremost, over 2.7 billion people are seen using smartphones these days. Gearing up for the entrepreneurship race is no longer an option, it has become a pure necessity. And whether you like it or not but this is the only way how one can turn your idea into a multi-dollar venture. Further below, I would love to mention some primary reasons stating why one should invest in mobile app development.
Increased User Engagement
Making any product stand out among the competition isn’t easy especially when you have thousand’s in line. However, over these years methods of approaching users might have changed and digital ones especially mobile apps top the list. One of the most compelling reasons for using mobile apps is here you can target a large number of users with minimal effort. Moreover, here one can communicate with the end-user on a direct basis.
Business without profits is simply not acceptable. To successfully interact with users, one surely requires to provide them with the most efficient channel. And it may quite interest you to know that one of the best examples to quote here is a mobile app as it is the fastest and most convenient channel for users to learn about a brand and its product. This eventually results in increasing the conversion rate leading to a high boost in the overall revenue of the business.
Most people these days do not indulge in creating a business they are more into creating brands and maybe its high time one must invest in mobile app development. After if it is something that could give your business a strong brand appearance in the market; it’s your app. Besides unlike earlier now, we have the potential to create both iOS and Android apps at once. This surely makes your product more authentic in the eyes of end-users. Having a suitable mobile app will help you take your business a notch up by providing recognition in the industry as a proficient brand.
There is no denying in the fact that a business runs all because of its end customers. And nothing works wonders than developing an iOS or Android app. Of course, reaching larger audiences by websites is simply incredible but it surely cannot give the same feel as an app. Apps are deliberately designed such that it fits small screens while giving visual satisfaction to users. Apps have quick access to the device features like calling, camera, GPS, etc. which makes them more likable.
Provide Additional Value
Like I said the market is growing competitive like never before. So during such a crucial situation, it becomes very important for you to give some solid reasons to your prospective customers so that they can stick to your business in the long run. To acquire maximum users and make sure that they stay, you need to offer certain loyalty points or rewards in return. With mobile apps, it is effortless to carry out any program that gives rewards to the users and makes them feel special. With the help of a brilliant reward system, you will not only add value to the users but also make them stay with you for longer. It seems like the entire nation is disrupted by the onset of mobile application development, building apps and promoting your business appears to be sure shot key to success.
Prior to Starting Mobile App Development for Your Business
Ideation is just the foundation; so going into the mobile app development stage without any homework (intense) can surely result in costly, frustrating, long-term damaging mishaps. Henceforth, I am putting forth these building blocks which won’t just make your developing procedure easy but give you a competitive edge like never before.
Research, Research, and Research
First and crucial steps of all are to get informed regarding everything by conducting thorough market research. You need to know the current offering on the market and use this knowledge to find a gap your app will fill and serve a fresh, complete solution to the problem you’re solving. In the end, your market research should help you in discovering everything starting from your relevant competitors to what their strategy is, strengths and weaknesses, customer reviews and of course what’s their unique selling point. As soon as you find these answers, you will surely be able to double up your speed and come up with solutions that would surely work. Among millions of others; you need to be cent percent sure that yours stands out.
Is Your Elevator Pitch Ready?
This point depends on how well you are able to articulate your app’s specific purpose? Are you able to name its difference from your website and its specific used cases? I am sure this is the point where most business owners and marketers find themselves trapped. So here’s a tip for you:
- Note down the app’s key functionality
- Define the needs of using your product (customer’s point of view)
- What is the added value compared to a mobile website?
- Which business goals will it help you achieve?
- What audience will benefit from it?
- What does that audience need and crave?
After knowing all these answers, nothing can stop you from giving an elevator pitch like a pro. Also, don’t miss your opportunity to be precise and clear with your app’s purpose early on.
Go Through All Monetization Options
One app can play a wide range of roles and responsibilities for your business. Generating revenue on a direct basis of the app is an obvious one, while others may simply be serving as a resource for your audience, or indirectly assisting other phases of your sales to funnel and increase your brand’s reach. Predefine the whole role of your app and then look around for the right app monetization models around:
- Freemium apps
- Paid ones
- In-app purchases
- In-app ads
Additional Tips to Develop a Killer Mobile App
- Attractive user interface: Of course, the first impression is the last impression here. And there is no debate about the fact that mobile app designs are judged by their UI. An effective user interface surely leads to interactive design, visual design, and architecture design. To narrow things down further: precise input controls, navigational components, informational components, containers lead to creating an attractive user interface.
- Learn to Maximize Gains or minimize losses: Being in the business realm, I am pretty sure you must have heard of the minimal viable product (MVP) or the lean methodology, time to implement. Realizing you are far too late entering an already over-saturated market can be a nightmare and nothing feels more painful than getting back to the square one or discarding a product made with years’ worth of sweat and blood. So instead try going lean. Think of android app development as a learning process where you are open for all ideas and updates. For example, if you have an analysis of feedback from your first users. Way to go, now pivot/persevere.
- Follow all the time-tested steps: Mobile application development has been for a while now and I am sure there are hundreds and thousands of proven and time-tested steps to take into consideration. Your startup cannot differ much in this regard.
- Wireframing: As soon as you are clear with the idea, it is advisable to document it so that people know how to make the most of your app. The document must be created in a graphic format showcasing the flow of the app features, pages and buttons are called a wireframe. Various wireframing tools can prove to be effective such as Jus-tInMind or Proto.io. When instead of taking help from these wireframing tools you do it on the paper always make things appear in minutest details including the navigation, flow of actions and pages, buttons, etc.
- Get Rid of Non-essentials: One of the best parts of a successful app is that it comprises of features that are relevant for end-users. Of course, they ensure an easy and rewarding user experience. Now there are times when your app prototype has a lot of features that are certainly not required. Get rid of them as it will also cut unnecessary development costs for your app.
- Design: When businesses say they just do not mind having a core and working design with all their focus resting on app features, they are so wrong in their perception! Remember one thing, the design is not just about the look of the app, but it is also how the user finds the app rewarding and engaging. The design of an app is a critical part of the app user experience. But as per the latest and useful principle, the design must be simple, quickly engaging and optimized for ease of use.
And above all, Network With the Right People. Choose a reliable mobile app development company that has a proven track record of delivering products that might significantly grow your business.
In a Nutshell,
Do you think there could be any better way to reach out to people than via mobile app? Probably not! So go for it!