How to Upgrade Email Campaign Strategies to Bolster SEO Growth
By Sky Cassidy, CEO of MountainTop Data
A survey of 500 users found that 58% of respondents were negatively impacted via a drop in their SEO ranking since the Google March 2019 Core Update. 44% have still not recovered from the ranking drop, but the quality of data from emails can vastly improve SEO performance.
However, the outbreak of dirty data is persisting in causing economic, revenue and brand hardship, especially for B2B companies. In fact, dirty data costs the US economy $3 trillion annually and the average business 15% to 25% of revenue.
Also, 94% of businesses suspect that their customer and prospect data is inaccurate and inadequate data quality leads to dissatisfied customers and inability to forecast earnings. Therefore, there is no room for error when it comes to sending targeting messages via your email campaign and business professionals agree.
Check this out:
- 80% of business professionals believe email increases customer retention.
- 59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI.
- 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchasing decisions.
Overall, the most critical step to improving clients’ SEO through email marketing is to eliminate bad names and addresses from their distribution email list. Data cleaning a distribution list has a greater impact on delivery and engagement with emails. That translates into enhanced SEO that can greatly impact sales.
Utilize Email Marketing to Boost SEO:
- Social Media. Send email newsletters encouraging recipients to like or follow you on social media.
- Website blogs and articles. In your email newsletters refer to blogs, articles, or other interesting content on your website and include links back to your site.
- User-Generated Content. Invite email newsletter recipients to create and share their own content on your site (comments, testimonials, pics, videos). Search engines regard this favorably.