Using WordPress to Maximize Profit
These days, the internet is everywhere, so it’s natural to use its resources to promote your business. One of the most effective, if done properly, ways to sell is via landing pages.
What is a landing page? In short, it is a page with a sole purpose to promote and sell a product/service. Here, we will take a look at one of the most popular platforms, WordPress, and how to use it to create high-converting landing pages.
There are a few elements to remember when designing a landing page. In short:
- Be concise. No one likes someone that gets into too much detail when trying to sell something. Create headings and content in a way that sparks interest rather than bores your prospective clients to death.
- Plan well. From content to design, it’s best to stick to a plan in order to get the best conversion rates.
- Use enticing images and videos. No one will be interested in a 240p YouTube video or a blurry image. Keep the images sharp and videos in high quality. It’s not without reason that they say an image is worth a thousand words.
- Incite an action. A Call to Action (CTA) is what sells your products and services. It should stand out and encourage visitors to perform a certain task. Avoid using words such as “Send” or “Subscribe”, instead use statements such as “Get your free e-book” or “Claim your discount now.”
- Provide a contact page. Contact forms, Skype contact, phone number, etc. The more ways of contact you provide, the higher the chances you’ll be contacted.
Having covered the basics, we can now move to the main topic: how to create a landing page in WordPress? As always, there are several methods of reaching this goal:
- Plugins. There’s an app for everything, and there’s a plugin for everything. If you’re in a hurry, don’t get stuck on code optimization, WordPress is your friend. Unfortunately, most optimal plugins aren’t free, so you may want to consider alternative options…
- Such as drag & drop theme builders. WordPress might be limited in terms of design. Drag & drop theme builders are a way to circumvent that problem, and they can make your work faster.
- Developing a page template from scratch. Despite some constraints, WordPress provides a variety of options, such as creating a custom page template for any theme. Just take the default file and use some HTML & CSS magic. This way, you can add/remove any elements.
- Using a landing page builder platform. Although not inexpensive, these allow a drag & drop creation of any landing page you’d like and can implement them accordingly. You can use a platform such as Landingi.com to create a landing page and then implement it in your WordPress site, no coding skills required. It’s the fastest and the most efficient way, which provides numerous additional optimization tools.
WordPress is a powerful tool, and using it for landing pages can significantly boost conversion rates from your landing page, and thus your business.
We hope you enjoyed this promoted piece as much as we did!