How Videos Impact Your Social Media Engagement
Videos are, by far, the most interactive type of content available on the Internet. The rate at which people respond to videos is way more than other type of content such as images, blog posts, infographics, etc. For example, the way people are consuming content on YouTube supports the above.
Now when it comes to business, interacting with customers and keeping them engaged with the company and its brand is a KRA (Key Result Area) of each and every online marketing strategy. The majority of these interactions/engagements between a company and their customers happen over social media instead of support forums and email services.
Hence, videos on social media platforms play the role of that knight in shining armor. Needless to say, you can’t remove videos out of the picture while making your online marketing strategy. To convince you even further, here are a few points on how videos impact social media engagement:
1. Social is the New Front Door
These days, how a business responds to its customers over different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. plays an imperial role in building and maintaining a brand image. With each consecutive business going digital and social media platforms playing the role of gatekeepers, it’s time to make a powerful entry by using video. And making videos is not rocket science as there are many tools available on the web to make your life easier. One of the best ones is RenderForest, which is often used for all video needs. Through the platform, which is easy to use and manage, you can make videos explain your business motto, produce promotional videos or presentational videos, and so on. In other words, they have everything you need to communicate with your clients.
2. Videos Get More Attention
According to HootSuite, more than 50 percent of people who visit Facebook in the U.S. every day watch at least one video on Facebook. What does this mean? There is only one simple conclusion — even though there are different types of content available on a particular social media platform, users give more preference to videos. This is due to the following reasons:
- Videos give a personal touch to your marketing strategy.
- With the help of videos, you can create various easy-to-use guides or answer specific questions in a shorter duration of time, instead of writing a long detailed post about it.
- Videos are more attractive to eyeballs.
3. Videos Encourage a Higher Response Rate
Let’s say you are creating a video explaining your business or product to your customers. Now at the end of that video, you can add that you would like the viewers to put forward suggestions and ideas for better execution and implementation. This will produce the following results:
- Encourage loyal customers to respond to your videos.
- Bring new suggestions and ideas to enhance your business as an added benefit.
- You will be better acquainted with what your followers think about your business.
- Help improvise your current online marketing strategy.
- Give ideas on areas or problems you should adhere to.
4. Videos Increase Credibility & Trustworthiness
For instance, if you start making a series of videos on problems faced by students while using computer programs, consider this scenario:
Create 1 video per week, then 6 months down the line you will have around 28-30 such videos. Following a regular schedule and creating content-rich videos formulates the following scenarios:
- It will establish you as a credible source.
- Your customers will trust you and your opinion.
- Customers will consider you as the business they should look up to.
5. Videos Establish You as a Subject-Matter Expert
Now that you are creating regular content dealing with specific topics and problems, you have established yourself as an expert. Once your content is credible and people start trusting what you say, they begin to value your opinion.
Once your content is credible & trustworthy and you become an expert, the following outcomes should fall in place:
- Your followers will start asking for suggestions whenever they need something that they believe you can provide.
- They will start looking up to you as an expert and a single-point of contact for all their needs.
- You will get a number of queries regarding your business and hence, you can promote your business while answering to those queries and providing a solution to your customers.
There are a few companies who have based their entire marketing strategy on videos. If you are thinking of taking the help of videos to aid the cause, you should definitely do so. Don’t worry about difficulties and hardships, as there are various online video maker products which make it easy for you to create videos for your business and marketing needs.
We hope you found the above-promoted content as entertaining and helpful as we did!