How to Make Money with Augmented Reality in 2017
Top brands like Starbucks and Nivea are already using augmented reality to promote new products and services.
The Starbucks cup magic app involves 5 characters – an ice skater, a squirrel, a boy and a dog sledding and a fox. You can interact with all the characters on the screen.
Similarly, in the Nivea campaign, a tiny version of Rihanna seems to come alive from the cap of a jar of Nivea Creme to sing her song “California King Bed.”
Examples like these make us believe that AR has already made it big in the world of marketing. It actually affects the way consumers engage with a brand.
Why AR is Useful?
- It creates an interactive experience and helps to engage the customer.
- AR developers can create apps that will empower the consumers to personalize and build their own customized products.
- Once mixed with the customer’s social media applications, it can become a personal experience with offers/coupons from shops they like and places they enjoy going to.
- It can be used as an extension within existing or new technologies to add a new dimension to interactivity.
- It is much cheaper and can have a direct impact upon your business.
- AR is playing a huge role in real estate, training and after sale solutions. The tasks of training new recruits or seeing new properties have relatively become much easier.
- AR helps you to get more virality by improving the content quality experience.
- Interactive apps helps to maintain retention thereby improving ROI.
Live Video Helps to Grow Your Brand
Cisco estimated that 80% of online traffic will be from videos by the end of 2020.
Leveraging the power of VR and AI can certainly pump up your marketing efforts and will allow you to reach a large segment of relevant audience.
From a PR perspective, VR and AR will give your brand a chance to use immersive and augmented content to help capitalize on branding.
A great shift has taken place from from 2-D content to 3-D, 360-degree and holographic content. Newer technologies will certainly have an impact upon the overall branding.
Ideas For AR Monetization
Here are some ideas to make AR the earning potential behind your business:
- The Yelp Monocle – It uses your smartphone GPS and compass to display AR markers for nearby eating joints and other places. It can be a great model to monetize in future.
- 3D digital images – brands can leverage the power of augmented reality promotional images which include life-sized virtual cars, furniture, electronics and even elements from digital games.
- Enhanced Shopping Experiences – Businesses can also use augmented reality to attract consumers by allowing them to get a closer look at products before they go to a store. In fact, people would be willing to pay more for a product if they can experience it with the help of augmented reality.
- Employee Training – If we talk about factories and manufacturing industries then the new employees normally take upto 6 months of time before they become skilled at their work. The supervisor has to spend 6 months of time training the unskilled workers. With the help of AR, you can easily replace the supervisor or ease the task by reducing the training time.
- Car insurance knowledge testing – Car insurance industry follows the same mechanisms as manufacturing. Brands can utilize the power of mobile AR applications for augmenting an auto. This can be helpful in introducing the trainees to this industry. They can adopt a similar functioning like the Audi AR and Volkswagen apps.
The AR technology is still in its fancy but has tremendous power to build the next generation marketing campaigns.
Microsoft Hololens – It is composed of specialized components like multiple sensors, holographic processing units and advance optics. Hololens is a great way to reduce turnaround time and make way for better personalization. It helps in arming employees with improved data visualization in the context of their real world.
Meta – Meta 2 Development Kit has just everything for developers and creators who wish to change this world. It offers the most intuitive access to digital information and direct hand interaction with holograms. This device leverages the power of AR to add a powerful layer of interactive 3D content to your surroundings. Using see-through glasses, you stay visually connected to people and your environment.
The sooner you capitalize on the power of AR, the better it will be for your business.
More and more companies will adopt the power of AR to streamline the experiences of their customers. Currently, bigger brands are focussed to witness a change in shift but in the coming years, smaller businesses will not lag behind. Mobile phones are going to play a crucial role in this regard. Who knows? AR gadgets might get integrated into the mobile devices in order to make it easier for the businesses to reach the masses.
AR is a marketer’s dream come true. Besides, helping the customer understanding about all the details regarding the product or service in an easier and faster way, it helps the marketer to effectively optimize the buying experience. This leads to an increase in sales and profits.
Start with an AR app that draws the attention of the customers and keeps them engaged. The AR app can be a great addition to your existing digital marketing campaigns.
You might also be interested in checking out top Keynote Speaker for further insight!