Social media marketing has become an integral part of reaching out to a business’ target audience, due to the huge number of the population using social sites. But before you go running to create your social media fan pages, consider this first: nowadays, internet usage is not only limited to users on desktop and laptop computers.
According to an online mobile statistics report, 80% of internet users use smartphones to search the web. Computers still dominate at 91%, while tablets are on the rise at 47%.
Mobile makes shopping easier
With this significant shift towards mobile browsing, business owners should consider adopting a multi-platform approach. Multi-platform means a customer will get a consistent experience across all devices.
Why is this necessary? A study on retail websites reveals that mobile optimization increases conversions and average order value. Smartphone shoppers convert 160% more than non-mobile optimized sites, and purchased, on average, 32% more when using a mobile-optimized site.
Competition is compelling
Online stores use contests and giveaways on their social sites as a marketing tool. When executed well, it can effectively promote their products and services to a larger audience, improve website traffic, and increase conversions. It’s also a great way to reward the community and gain new followers.
Throwing your own contest or giveaway is just as easy with third-party contest apps, because they are:
- Automated. No need to write names on pieces of paper and draw them from a jar. Third-party apps will do all the hard work for you.
- Action-gated. Before a user can join your contest, third-party apps require a specific action. Capture leads by asking them to like your Facebook page or turn dormant fans into customers with limited or special offers.
- Anonymous no more. Third-party apps collect a person’s email address to ensure that they are real humans participating in your contest. With opt-ins, you can build and monetize a database of people who want your product or service.
8 Third-Party Apps for Your Social Media Contest
With the benefits of third-party apps in mind, here are eight different apps you can use when starting a social media contest:
Price: Free twitter campaigns. Setup starts at $4.95, charged on a daily, per use basis.
Platform: Facebook, Twitter, embed to website or blog, mobile compatible
Contests: Sweepstakes, Twitter contest, photo contests, and video contests
Binkd is a straight-forward contest app for Facebook and Twitter. With no-fuss campaign creation, Binkd is ideal for online marketers who prefer to work with the essentials.
- 24/7 support and guides to help beginners
- Re-direct mobile users to an auto-created mini-site
- Billing is on a per use basis. No subscription charges or on-going fees.
Price: Free 60-day trial. Plans start at $20/month.
Platform: Facebook, mobile compatible.
Contests: Sweepstakes and promotions like coupons and downloadable content.
Constant Contact, best known for its email marketing services, also offers Facebook fan page promotions. For those who want to add contests along with their email marketing campaigns, Constant Contact provides seamless integration.
- Unlimited social campaigns
- Real-time, easy-to-read reporting and stats
- Integration with Constant Contact’s email marketing
Price: Free. Basic starts at $13/month. Flexible subscription.
Platforms: Embed to website or blog, Facebook app, mobile compatible
With Rafflecopter, setting up a sweepstakes is as easy as copy and paste. You can offer bonus entries when users enter using multiple social networks or accomplish personalized tasks.
- Create and manage giveaway in minutes with no coding required
- Unlimited giveaways, unlimited entries
- 1-click integration with major social networks
Price: Free campaigns. Paid plans start at $29/month.
Platform: Facebook, embed to website or blog, mobile compatible
Contests: Sweepstakes, photo contests, video contests, voting contest, and caption contest
With Shortstack, you can build a campaign within minutes. You can simply drag-and-drop content onto professionally designed templates and themes. CSS editor and custom domains allow you to customize campaigns and let your brand’s personality shine.
- Unlimited data collection and storage with detailed analytics
- Integrate campaigns with other applications (email marketing, CRM, etc.)
- Refer-a-friend and points-per-field incentives award customers with bonus points
Price: Free trial and Facebook contests (via Social Candy App). Silver starts at $29/month
Platform: Facebook, mobile compatible
Contests: Instant win, sweepstakes, quiz, and photo contest
Social Candy is an all-in-one Facebook marketing and CRM solution. From engaging, managing, to qualifying leads, Social Candy is an end-to-end process of making fans into customers.
- Unlimited contests
- Advanced Facebook statistics in real-time
- Facebook Marketing University to get you started
Price: Free plan, up to 16 campaigns. Monthly/annual subscription upon inquiry.
Platform: Facebook, embed to website or blog, mobile compatible
Contests: Instant win, photo contests, stream contest, and 23 other promos
Tradable Bits is a social media marketing solution for the enterprise. With Social Campaigns, or social apps for engagement, grow your audience with fun, interactive campaigns that guarantee a fully branded experience.
- Single-click login and authentication
- Engage fans with contests, community events, and exclusive giveaways
- Precisely targeted ads based on customers’ previous purchase or interaction
Price: Free 14-day trial. Basic starts at $45/month
Platform: Facebook, Twitter, website, mobile compatible
Contests: Photo, video, music, vote, hashtag, pinterest, caption, and essay contests, and sweepstakes
Wishpond is a complete online marketing suite that allows users to create, publish, and track campaigns. It’s Contests and Promotions suite includes 12 contest apps to choose from.
- Unlimited campaigns
- Templates for quick campaign building
- Optimized for computer, tablet and mobile devices
Price: Free with limited apps. All apps plus Facebook ad tools starts at $29/month.
Platforms: Facebook, embed to website, mobile compatible
Contests: Pick a winner, sweepstakes, coupons, photo contest, video contests, instant win, pin to win, and leaderboard
Woobox makes it easy to create compelling contests to engage and grow your fan base. With over 20 contests and promotional apps, Woobox can compliment any company’s marketing strategy.
- Highly customizable with HTML and CSS
- Cross-platform capabilities (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
- References and live offer examples
Well-planned social media contests are able to engage your fans, promote your brand, and expand your reach. According to a recent study on mobile behavior, 85% of consumers identify mobile devices as a central part of everyday life, with 77% of search queries on mobile devices happening in homes or offices despite having access to a PC. With these statistics in mind, aim for your contests and other campaigns to be accessible on any device, especially mobile.
Having trouble on building an online store for your start-up business? Shopify have a customized platform for people who want to sell clothes, shoes, arts, handcrafts and services. It’s a very easy and fast way to create your own online store, even you don’t have any technical knowledge on building a website.