It is a fast-moving digital world and with so many new developments happening every day on social media, you need to constantly be on your toes. Earlier, posting articles, blogs, guest posts, etc. was majorly limited to Facebook and Twitter. However, recently LinkedIn too opened its publishing platform – LinkedIn Publisher – to all its members. Earlier this was available to only a few people selected by LinkedIn itself.
If you are a marketer, then get on to the LinkedIn Publisher bandwagon right away as it is gaining momentum when it comes to promoting your business to a more targeted and professional audience. An article published at TrueConversion.com states that with LinkedIn Publisher, users can share (and prove) their knowledge and expertise and give advice while gaining an important source of professional connections.
This is a platform that you own and handle (just like your blog) but unlike your blog, this has the ability to reach millions of people. And these are not updates that will disappear with time. In facts your posts will be placed at the top of your profile permanently. So, use this platform to narrate your story to the world and generate more leads and sales.
To help you, we present to you 5 insanely actionable ways you can use LinkedIn Publisher for the growth of your business.
1. Always Include Calls to Action – You would obviously want people to take the next step of visiting your website, webinar, etc. after going through your article. This can be simply done by including some relevant calls to action in your post. This is the easiest of making your email contact list bigger. A call to action interacts directly with your readers, engages them and in some cases converts them to become your clients. Therefore make sure that you include a call to action in all your LinkedIn Publisher posts. For instance, check out this blog by Denise Wakeman. She has put a call to action in such a subtle way in the article.
2. Ensuring Great Visuals is a Must! – Visuals, if they are original, colorful and good quality, can bring more traffic to your LinkedIn Publisher articles. An attractive image in the header will urge them to open the article to read it. Images reflect your brand and identity and after some time users start recognizing with the images you use in your posts or as the cover photo of your post. So, always add relevant images, those that have a clear connection to the site and your brand, in your post. Also remember to use images that appeal to the emotions of your audience. When you’re adding images to your LinkedIn Publisher articles, don’t forget to ensure your branding elements such as your custom logo design or signature to get an edge in Google’s image search results. You can add an image to the top of your post on LinkedIn Publisher by simply clicking the camera icon in header and uploading it.
Look how Human-resources professional Liz Ryan creates original images for every LinkedIn Publisher post that publishes for her company Human Workplace.
3. Create High Quality, Valuable Content – Though creating original content for your LinkedIn Publisher post should be your priority, you can also re-purpose your existing content. While creating an original one, make sure that the word strength is at least 1,000-1,400 words. Even if you’re repurposing your old content, you can increase the word length by adding case studies and examples.
Moreover, to make your content engaging, you can add videos, hyperlinks, images etc. in your LinkedIn post. In the end, we would suggest you to create a post for your audience. Keep in mind theirs needs, tastes and preferences. There is no chance that your post does not gets noticed.
4. Share Posts on Other Social Sites Too – Creating a good post and publishing it on LinkedIn Publisher is not enough to increase traffic. To increase the reach of your blog, share your LinkedIn Publisher post on your other social networks as well. You can post your article on Facebook or tweet about it on Twitter to increase the visibility of the post.
And not just once, share then over and over again so a large audience notices it. You could also add social sharing buttons on your LinkedIn Publisher posts so that it is easier for readers to share your article, thus maximizing the reach of your article.
Let’s take the example of Matt Sweetwood. Check out how brilliantly he uses his Twitter handle to talk about and promote his LinkedIn Publisher post.
5. Quote Thought-Leaders In Your Post – Try and include the names of some thought leaders of your industry in the article for drawing traffic as well as improving engagement of your post. People who are named (and tagged) in the article would share the post within their own networks, thus widening your reach.
The simplest way of adding the name of a though leader is to add their quote and highlight as people find it interesting to know what leaders of a particular industry have to say on the topic. An expert comment is always welcome. Don’t forget to use their mug-shot and link it back to their site and hyperlink their name on the LinkedIn profile.
Wrapping It Up!
To use LinkedIn Publisher for growing your audience and sales, keep creating valuable content with attractive images. Write it in the same way you write a blog for your site etc with call to action buttons at prominent place, sharing it on all social sites.
Eventually, people start noticing your writing style as well as the type of images or humor you use in the post. The consistency in writing style and design builds the trust in people who are your potential clients.
So, if you have not started using LinkedIn Publisher as yet, start using it NOW for widening your reach and stand out from the rest.
each and stand out from the rest.