Big Data for App Development: Breakthroughs
Big Data analytics refers to the field of data analysis dealing with the exponentially growing digital data that has already penetrated many industry niches thanks to its era-defining potential in delivering data-driven analysis for real-world applications and usage. Mobile app development has also been a key beneficiary of Big Data analytics. There have been numerous cases of mobile apps in which Big Data played an instrumental role. Here throughout this post, we will explain some of the well-known benefits of Big Data for app development and some use cases of Big Data in app projects.
Big Data Analytics: Key advantages for mobile app projects
Over the years, app developers are aware of the instrumental role played by Big Data analytics for different app projects. Some of the key benefits it offered for apps across the niches include the following.
• Deciphering customer needs, sentiment, and intent: All the digital data footprint left by the customers across multiple online channels amounts to a huge volume of data enriched with the most relevant insights about the customers. Such a huge pool of data can easily be analyzed of customer needs, sentiments, and intent.
• Analyzing User Experience (UX) better: In digital interfaces such as that of mobile apps, it is important to improve user experience and address the shortcomings of user experience (UX) by analyzing the user interactions and user experience data. This is where Big Data analytics play a great role by delivering the most useful data-driven insights.
• Real-time Data Access: Most businesses these days need to evolve with the market challenges and needs. This constant evolution requires instant access to relevant market data, and this is another area where Big Data proves to be highly useful. Thanks to Big Data, businesses get real-time access to the most relevant data for decision making and strategic planning.
• Smart marketing: Today’s marketing endeavors focus on all attributes answering what, when, where, and why. The marketer needs to approach a customer with the right content at the right place and at the right time and with the right logic that can easily be convincing. Big Data analytics offers the right marketing insights for the best marketing output.
• Enabling Personalization: Big Data analytics is also helpful in optimizing the search function and making it more useful and intuitive for the end-users. The most accurate and precise data-driven insights offered by Big Data can enable an app to personalize user experience and content based upon user reciprocation and intent.
Big data for app development: exemplary use cases
Over the years, Big Data technology has played an instrumental role in revolutionizing the app world in never before. In several app niches where dealing with uncertainty remains a big challenge, Big Data technology’s data-driven insights proved to be highly useful and effective. Let’s have a quick look at some of the exemplary use cases of Big Data in the context of mobile app projects.
Actionable insights on Natural disasters
Drawing actionable insights on natural disasters is a key requirement for administrative departments and crisis management teams in many countries where disasters like floods, earthquakes, tsunami, and cyclones are very common. In the recent past, a huge pool of digital data has been analyzed to detect the patterns of the disaster and its effects on people, and accordingly, rescue operations were devised. Along with Big Data, in determining such situations and their effects, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies also played pivotal roles. For example, during many such earthquakes and cyclone disasters in the recent past, Big Data analytics, AI, and ML technologies helped rescue operations. The administrative apps have been the outlet for all such data-driven operational feedback.
Delivering insights on the migrant crisis
The recent unfolding of the migrant crisis caused by the war-hit Middle East countries has also brought some light on the uses of Big Data analytics to protect migrants, and timely intervention before the situations get out of control. Several digitally equipped NGOs have addressed the migrant crisis unfolding in Syria with advanced data analytics to help the people flee to regions where they can have a better chance of survival or safekeeping. In addition, big Data analytics dealing with different organizations and departments helped create the right data apparatus to ensure faster services.
Food management and agriculture
It is well known that there is huge wastage of crops in some parts of the world while some parts of the globe suffer severe hunger and lack of access to food. A data-centric collaboration can minimize such wastage of cross and food items and at the same time can streamline delivery in malnourished parts of the world. In many developing countries, where the lack of information about the soil and weather conditions often results in bad crops, data-driven insights and instant access to real-time agricultural data through mobile apps can help farmers make more informed decisions resulting in better farming output and production.
Informed Decision Making in Healthcare Industry
Big data analytics by incorporating data sourced from multiple medical records of a patient and the different healthcare devices and wearable sensors can revolutionize the diagnosis and treatment of patients in a never-before manner. Furthermore, thanks to Big Data analytics, a patient can be warned well in advance whenever dangerous health signs continue to crop up.
Personalized skill development and learning
The huge pool of data corresponding to the behavioral aptitude, knowledge level, and problem-solving skills of learners and students can be put under advanced analytics only to draw the most relevant data-driven insights on how each type of student with a particular Intelligence Quotient (IQ), Emotional Quotient (EQ) and behavioral attributes can be dealt with for better learning outcome. Just like students, teachers can also be evaluated depending upon these factors.
So, Big Data in mobile apps can bring several revolutionary twists and turns benefiting the communities across all niches. Here we only explained a handful of case studies that seem to be at the forefront of Big Data mobile app development.