How to Add Fuel to Your Existing Content Marketing Strategy?
You definitely don’t want your content to be read like a sales pitch because it can be instantly dumped by today’s millennial audiences. So, how can you add that missing fuel in your content marketing strategy to maximize its reach and to gain new customers for your business? Follow the strategies described below and take an audience first approach to your content marketing efforts.
1- Create Long-form Posts
Research suggests that you can generate 9X more leads with long-form content. Here is why longer content works so well:
- Search engines love content that is longer than 2,000 words.
- Prepare content that teaches something new to the audience. Don’t sell, instead, teach. Provide value from your content and try to solve the audience’s problems.
- Longer content ranks for a number of high search volume keywords, adding to more organic traffic.
- People spend more than 3 minutes on average with longer content, meaning you have a higher chance of that visitor returning to your website.
- A SerpIQ study revealed that websites that rank in the top search results have an average word count of 2,000 words.
- Longer content is valued highly by Google while shorter content is devalued by the search giant.
2- Use The Power of Your Existing Employees
The best way to improve the performance of your content marketing campaign is to use the power of your existing employees. Use tools like Smarp to bring company news at the fingertips of employees. When employees remain up-to-date about the company’s latest news then they can easily share the news with their own network. A well-informed workforce shares valuable content across their networks and generates meaningful conversations. You can clearly measure the return on investment from your content marketing campaigns.
3- Turbo Charge Your Content with Video
Video is undoubtedly the future of content marketing. Here is how you can use video to supercharge your content marketing efforts:
- Use Facebook live video streaming to connect with your followers and create new ones along the way. Also, keep in mind that 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound, so add text to videos so people are able to understand it without sound.
- Take the help of Twitter videos to share your best content on the microblogging platform. Tweets with videos are 6X times more likely to be retweeted as compared to shares without a video.
- Promote content with Instagram video ads because 25% of Instagram video ads are single videos.
- Consistency is the key to video marketing. Always keep the same brand message in all your videos so that they don’t contradict each other.
- Design video for your audience and lead with a story. Be imaginative and give people a reason to watch the video. For example, online grocery delivery platform Mercato provides a video, claiming that selling their groceries online will expand your business presence.
4- Measure the Performance of Every Single Piece of Content
Nowadays, content marketing has become extremely diversified. This means companies share content across several social channels, sites, and publishers.
Use tools like Simplereach to measure the performance of every content piece that your company publishes. With a simple dashboard, you can monitor the performance that is much more than measuring the vanity metrics. It measures the most granular behavioral data available. You can add custom tags to each piece of content so that it makes sense for your team.
5- Maximize Reach At Bargain Price Pay Per Click (PPC)
Creating quality content takes time, money and effort. You definitely want to reach a wide variety of audiences but you can’t get the desired traffic by sharing your content on social media. You need to maximize your reach at bargain price PPC by leveraging the power of platforms like Outbrain and Taboola. Both Outbrain and Taboola are native content advertising platforms that can drive quality audiences from top publishers leading to increased conversions and higher revenue. These platforms offer 50% lesser CPA than any other display network, meaning you get the best bargain to maximize the reach of your content.
Set your goals high and follow the above steps to amplify your content marketing efforts. Always remember to measure the success of each of your campaigns because the creation of content requires a good budget and you don’t want it to get wasted.