Content is expensive to create, but in demand now more than ever. With over 200 million people using ad-block (PageFair), content marketing has become more relevant and important than ever before.
However, if you’re a social media manager or digital marketing lead and have worked with content writers, you know it isn’t easy.
- Content creation takes time and resources.
- It requires a lot of back and forth between writers, editors and the SEO/design teams before you finalize on blog or social media posts.
After all that effort, sometimes, businesses end up sharing the posts you create just once, only to receive disappointing amounts of engagement and traffic from them.
The good news? You can share content multiple times. In fact, you should share the same content consistently, spaced out over a period of time.
Sharing multiple times will not only increase engagement on your posts, but boost the traffic they generate over time.
Instead of uploading and rescheduling posts, you can store them in content libraries that some social media automation tools give you, for convenient reuse. Here are 5 such tools, and how they work.
DrumUp helps you manage multiple social accounts and doubles up as a content curation and automation tool.
- You can store custom posts, keyword based content suggestions and RSS feed posts in this tool’s content libraries.
- Once you have, selected libraries can be set on auto-post to linked social accounts at a frequency chosen by you.
- You can also visit any library and manually schedule a post when needed, a great last-minute save on a rainy day.
Key tip: Store evergreen content like guides & how-to’s, social proof content like testimonials, interviews and mentions, inspiration content like quotes and all of your best posts in libraries so you can keep the engagement on your social pages strong.
Cost: $15/month – 3 social profiles, $39/month – 20 social profiles, $79/month – 50 social profiles and 4 team members and $159/month -100 social profiles and 9 team members.
CoSchedule is a social media and blog calendar that doubles up as a scheduling tool.
- You can create promotion templates or schedules on this tool. A promotion schedule consists of dates, times, intervals and formats of posting.
- Any post can be inserted into a promotion template and run through its schedule.
- Posts can also be saved to the tool’s ReQueue list for consistent sharing.
Key tip: Add your evergreen content to ReQueue and create promotion templates for the typical kind of content you share (blog posts, event promotions etc.)
Cost: $39/month – 10 social profiles, $79 /month – 10 social profiles and 5 team members, $359/month – 100 social profile and 100 team members, and custom plans at $1,600/month.
MeetEdgar is a content library based tool that focuses on reusing content on your social media pages.
- You can add content to default libraries on Edgar, or create your own. Content can be added manually or uploaded from a CSV.
- Certain time slots need to created for automatic scheduling from content libraries.
- Libraries can be connected with time slots for auto-posting.
Key tip: Add evergreen content to libraries, and store one-time use content in the ‘Use once’ library. Create time slots running all day, so your pages are engaged throughout.
Cost: $79/month – 25 social profiles.
Sendible is a social media scheduler that also supports Google Plus and YouTube, along with the basic social media platforms.
- Create content libraries and add ‘contributors’ and ‘consumers’ to them.
- Contributors can add content to libraries and consumers can schedule from them.
- You can also save content suggestions to libraries, in addition to custom content.
Libraries and RSS feeds can be set on auto-post or added to ‘SmartQueues’.
Key tip: Mix in content suggestions when creating SmartQueues, so your social media content appears balanced and not overly promotional.
Cost: $49/month for 6 social profiles, $199/month for 30 profiles, and $499/month for 100 profiles.
Social Oomph is primarily a social media automation tool that also doubles up as a content reservoir.
- Add evergreen content to the Queue Reservoir and choose how often you want it to be reused.
- Create multiple versions of tweets for each post so your posts don’t appear repetitive.
Key tip: Create tweet versions that use hashtags, @mention relevant people and highlight the best parts of your content to maximize reach and effectiveness.
Cost: $6.97/two weeks for Twitter unlimited and $17.97/two weeks for everything else.
Share the content you invest in creating more than once, prominently and consistently, to increase its reach and traffic generation potential. Create sharing schedules that keep your social media pages active, engaged and healthy.
Another good move? Booking a 2019 Motivational Speaker for your next conference today! Check it out!