Coronavirus Outbreak Handling: Mobile App Will Help To Stay Healthy
The coronavirus pandemic today defines the global health catastrophe of our time. Moreover, it’s the biggest challenge the world has faced since World War II. The virus has greatly spread to each and every continent, with the exclusion of Antarctica.
Cases are rising on a daily basis everywhere. Countries are dashing to sedate the virus’ spread through testing and treating patients, doing contract tracing, travel restrictions, quarantines, and cancelling big gatherings, including schools, concerts, and sporting events. Coronavirus works like a wave and one that could crash on people who are least able to cope with it or those most vulnerable with it.
However, Covid-19 is more than just a health crisis. By stressing and putting fear on all the countries it touches, it could create a calamitous political, economic, and social crisis that would leave huge gaping scars. We’re in uncharted territory and most communities now are unrecognizable. Many of the greatest cities in the world are now deserted as people stay indoors by government order or by choice. Shops, restaurants, bars, and theatres are closing throughout the world.
Dealing With the Pandemic Through Mobile Applications
Covid-19 is a serious threat to the health of people and has become fatal. Scientists, doctors, and experts are doing painstaking efforts to create a vaccine to cure it, but so far no success as per reports. In the meantime, precautionary measures are the most critical and could be achieved with mobile app development technology to spread awareness of the lethal disease cure. The existence of the virus was first detected in Wuhan, China early in December last year.
Covid-19 belongs to the family of coronavirus, spreading from human-to-human through touch as well as other respiratory viruses. Medical experts compare it with the historical plague that causes SARS or severe acute respiratory syndrome, which killed 800 people. Medical experts believe that Covid-19 is very much related to the virus found in bats. Furthermore, they also believe that bats are the reason for the outbreak that occurred from the animal slaughter market in Wuhan.
It’s been transmitted through bats, but the chief reason for its terrorizing spread is the transmission from one human to another. Doctors believe that the usual spread of viruses is via saliva or mucus droplets from coughing or sneezing. A person that comes in contact with the droplets or touches the surface that has the presence of the infected droplets could get infected. The virus could survive for a few hours or even days on surfaces.
The big question now that comes to mind is what to do and how to address the serious situation. Technology is the solution. While it could not cure, yet it still could prevent it from spreading and eventually could eliminate it for good. As the respiratory disease is spreading like wildfire, mobile app development companies are fabricating mobile apps with remarkable features to spread awareness to contain the outbreak.
Important Features of a Mobile Application
Both Google and Apple are building a Covid-19 tracking system into Android and iOS. In the combat against Coronavirus, it is potentially a huge step. What are some of the features of a mobile app?
- News and Update: The app could be integrated with innovative technologies, such as ML or Machine Learning, AI or Artificial Intelligence, and IoT or the Internet of Things to recognize early warnings about the outbreak. All critical data should be inherited from different genuine sources, including the CDC, WHO, and so on. Furthermore, the app should fetch reports, data, and other pertinent information. All information should first be verified before making it live on the dashboard of an app to make it a reliable information source.
- Mapping in real-time: A mobile app should do real-time tracking of the affected areas via real-time map integration. The cases are continuously rising and a map could identify the spread fast. This helps app users to avoid visiting these places. The map provides data from WHO as well as regional health departments to determine a worldwide map of the areas affected.
When the health organizations have identified the areas, the map API will validate the data and do updates within the app. The entire process is made possible due to the Rapid mobile application development services of the experienced development team. Moreover, the map points to the places where people who are infected are tested and diagnosed. The map furthermore, shows the number of fatalities, recovered cases, and highly infected instances.
- Probable Symptoms: The mobile application should be able to display the coronavirus symptoms stated by the WHO. Based on the reported cases, the symptom of infection is typically seen between two to fourteen days. The app could help prevent the spread by bringing awareness to people of the symptoms so they could consult a doctor right away should any symptom occurs.
The Mobile Application Includes These Symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Precautions: Medical service providers and government agencies are consulting Information Technology companies to hire app developers to create mobile applications. Mobile apps are the biggest medium to spread awareness. To be able to control and contain the virus, people should know what the precautionary measures are. An app provides possible measures to avoid infection.
Major Precautionary Measures:
- Washing hands regularly with soap or hand wash for 20 seconds.
- Sanitize hands with 70 percent alcohol or alcohol-based sanitizers before touching the face, nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Avoid touching the face when hands are not washed or disinfected.
- Refrain from visiting places that come in contact with infected people.
- If experiencing symptoms, stay at home to break the spread.
- Always cover your mouth with a handkerchief or tissue when sneezing or coughing.
- Disinfect objects regularly.
- Wear surgical or cloth masks when going out of your home.
- Disinfect the objects regularly with an antibacterial liquid to stay safe.
Prevention is indeed better than cure. With the pandemic not showing any signs of slowing down as of the moment, we are thankful for the advancements in technology that could give us the strength to stay safe even in the darkest days now. Mobile application developers have helped people everywhere overcome any emergency or challenges through developing mobile apps.