White Label SEO is Your Route to Agency Success – And Here’s Why
The path to scaling an SEO business isn’t as smooth as most agencies think. Hurdles will come in different forms – lack of resources, time, and expertise to get things running. Most agencies attempt to face these challenges on their own but at the risk of stretching themselves thin and providing services below of what’s expected from them.
One of the things you need to understand—and successful agencies know—is the importance of following the right methodology that will help build your business, sell better, and deliver value to clients. This is what white label SEO services are for.
First – What is White Label SEO?
In general, white label is defined as having a service or product developed by a third party company then selling and packaging this under a different brand. You can trace the term “white label” to the music industry where DJs remove the labels on records to conceal the details about the music they’re using.
When applied in digital marketing, white label SEO services is a type of solution that digital marketing agencies employ to scale their business following the SEO methodology of the main provider. Agencies then become SEO resellers and offer the white label solutions to clients as their own. SEO reports and proposals will have your agency’s brand, so clients think you’re doing the work.
How Do White Label Services Help Your SEO Agency?
1. Offer Solutions without Building from Scratch.
Ask yourself this, “Do you think clients will wait for you to come up with a solution?”
They won’t. They will likely turn to another agency if you’re unable to provide what they need. That’s business down the drain.
White label SEO services help avoid spending a huge chunk of your time by creating SEO strategies from scratch. Instead of testing and implementing solutions that may not work 100%, getting services from a white label SEO provider provides access to strategies that have been proven to deliver results.
Another aspect that makes white label SEO services an attractive option is you can expand your service offerings. White label providers don’t just offer SEO—some are likely to equip you with a white label SEO dashboard and other solutions that you can complement to your services. For example, you can put your clients on an SEO package and offer social media as a complementary service to grow their online presence. This will not only show how your agency is capable of providing a full suite of digital marketing services, but will also help open a new line of revenue for your SEO business.
2. Scale and Save at the Same Time.
When scaling an SEO business, it’s important to have the right resources, technology, and manpower for efficient fulfillment of services. These things don’t come cheap, though.
Think of how much it’s going to cost your SEO agency if you hire in-house. Expenses for training, salary, and tools can add up and eventually take a huge portion of what your agency is earning. And that’s excluding the costs for the logistics of your business. The beauty of white label SEO for agencies is its cost-effectiveness.
When you take on the white label mantle, you don’t need to worry about hiring and training an in-house team – at least not yet. Your white label SEO provider becomes your team. They’ll do the backend work for your agency – keyword research, on-page and off-page optimization, link building, and all the things you do to rank your clients’ website. This helps reduce operational costs and allow you to allocate your budget to other areas of your agency for more efficient scaling.
3. Focus on Building Your Agency to Its Full Potential.
The reasons agencies find it hard to grow often revolve around the following:
● They’re too busy doing the heavy lifting and fulfilling services for clients.
● They lack the catalyst that will push them to be a better agency.
● They’re just not ready.
White label services can help address these by making the transition from being a hands-on agency to a powerhouse easier and smoother. As you pass off the hat to experts, you have more time to focus on building your core competency and expanding the value of your agency.
How Do You Choose Your White Label SEO Provider?
In a white label setup, your agency’s success doesn’t only rest in your hands—it also falls on the white label SEO provider you’re going to work with. This is why it’s equally important to choose a provider who can fulfill your agency’s and your clients’ goals.
How do you distinguish the legitimate provider from those who are just after your money? Here’s a quick guide to help you choose your white label SEO provider:
● Stay clear from providers that guarantee results – If your white label provider says they can get your clients to rank to position one after just a few weeks, run for the hills. Never look back. Legitimate providers know that there is no guarantee when it comes to SEO. The nature of SEO and algorithms are unpredictable, which is why results often take months before they appear. Anyone who guarantees rankings from the get-go should be in your ‘beware’ list.
● Find out how they adapt to changes – Changes in the digital marketing sphere can happen in a blink and those who fail to keep up often find out how hard the consequences are. When you talk to a provider, be sure to ask how their methods work as algorithms change. Look for a white label SEO company that goes the extra mile to stay abreast of trends and provide a solid methodology that your agency can adopt.
● See where they rank in search results – A legitimate white label SEO provider practices what they preach. While rankings don’t necessarily provide information on how they work with agencies, it will help to have a clear idea that they know how to make websites rank by looking at their own position on search results.
● Know what resources they can provide – One of the key challenges of an agency is selling SEO and proving its value to clients. The good news is some white label providers share resources, marketing materials, and other collaterals that you can use to educate clients. Ask your provider what materials will be available to your agency if you sign up with them.
Choosing the right white label SEO provider can make the difference between a good agency and one that’s aiming for that seven-digit revenue status. So, do your research and don’t hesitate to ask questions when you’re ready to go white label.
To Wrap It Up…
White label SEO services can serve as your ticket to doing more for your clients for less. This not only provides your agency with extra leverage against the competition but also serves as a stepping-stone for your agency’s success. White hat SEO consists of following good, non-manipulative SEO practices, But it’s very easy to overdo a “good” technique and end up with bad consequences. Read more on 6 “White Hat” SEO Strategies that Are Hurting Your Online Business.