7 Reasons Why You Should Hire Java Developers for a Successful Business
Why Is Java Still a Top Programming Language?
Java came into existence in the early 1990’s as a language that would be able to run on any machine, no matter what the specific architecture of the computer. Since then, it has been used almost everywhere—from games and machines, to mobile phones and web browsers. It is undeniably one of the most popular languages out there which can make it difficult to hire java developer talent, as they are in such high demand.
There are many reasons why companies will seek to hire Java developer skills. It is simple to use a programming language that was built around C++. However, it is based around English, making the code much simpler to read and to understand. Having been around so long, it is also a highly robust language and very reliable when compared to many others that are out there to use.
As a cross-platform language that was developed to be highly portable, it is also very secure. Having been initially designed around carrying data over mobile networks, it was built with high levels of security, making it probably one of the most secure languages to use.
It is one of the most used languages out there and as such you will find that developers are in great demand to work on projects of all types.
What Skills Does Your Java Developer Need to Have?
If you want to develop applications in Java, then you need to ensure that you hire the right person to do the work. Whether you hire in-house or look at Java developer outsource companies, you must ensure that who you hire is up to the task. While they may have the right Java developer certifications, you will still need to check if they have all of the other specific required skills you will need.
Specific requirements will of course vary depending on your actual project. However, the following are a selection of skills you will be looking for within your Java full stack developer resume:
- High-level understanding of Java
- The use of relational databases, ORM and SQL
- Object-Oriented Programming skills
- X query, XML, XSL
- Enterprise Java Beans and J2EE framework skills
- Testing, diagnosis, and debugging skills.
- Git and other version control software skills
7 Reasons for Hiring Java Developers for Your Successful Business
If you are looking to develop an application of any form using Java, you will need to ensure that you look for the best person to fulfill the role. Of course, this does not mean that you have to have them physically located within your company. It is more usual today to outsource the work to developers, so that can work remotely to your own company.
The reasons for this are many:
- You can access skills that are not available locally: Often, it can be difficult to find the skills that you need within the developers you already have or that are available within the local marketplace. Java is in high demand and many are in full employment already, so it can be difficult to source the person you may need locally.
- For speed of hiring: To hire someone internally you need to go through the whole process of advertising and interviewing, in addition to inducting the hire into the way your company works. Often working with a contractor will get your project going almost immediately.
- To gain flexibility with your hiring: When hiring through a contractor, you are able to flex your workforce up and down as required without the penalties involved in using in-house staff. If you need additional resources, they can be made available quickly, while you can scale down your workforce when work is completed or use resources elsewhere in your business.
- To replace lost skills quickly: If you have a team and for some reason someone decides to leave or a new hire fails to arrive as promised, you can hire almost immediately through a contractor.
- To get your application to market quicker: Often, contract developers and teams will have worked on many different projects. This means that they are often far more experienced than those that work within your company, thus ensuring that they are able to use ideas and methods that may not be part of your teams skill set.
- To avoid issues with your application: Good Java developers with many years of experience will have already encountered and solved many problems. They know what can go wrong and will have the experience to avoid any problems in the first place.
- To save money: Because you are able to hire from anywhere in the world, you can access developers that work in countries where the cost of living may be so much lower than where you are in the world. This can make for some very significant savings.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Good Java Developer?
Hiring java developer skills from elsewhere in the world can be a real way to save on your development costs. The following are some remote java developers salary data to help you to understand just how much they can vary from region to region:
- USA: $82,000
- Germany: $67,000
- UK: $53,000
- Switzerland: $99,000
- Australia: $46,000
- Ukraine: $29,000
As you can see from the data above, salaries for Java developers vary significantly around the world. Hiring a skilled developer from a country such as Ukraine in Eastern Europe could save you a fortune when compared to using staff in the US.
Why You Need to Hire the Best Developers for Your Java Project
No matter where in the world you hire your developers from, you will need to ensure that you hire the best that you can find. The world is a highly competitive place and you must ensure that your software will be able to deliver precisely what your customers are looking for. By hiring the best talent with years of experience, you can ensure to deliver the excellence they demand and secure the future of your business.
We hope you enjoyed this promoted piece as much as we did!